iOS Mobile App Behaves Differently When Installed

iOS Mobile App Behaves Differently When Installed

Hello,

We developed a mobile app, and it operates correctly while testing in a browser or OutSystems Now.  However, when the application is deployed for iOS and installed on an iPad, it behaves improperly.  It will appear to allow a user to log in using any credentials, but then it won't behave correctly.  It doesn't give any message about incorrect ID/password, either.  When you use the correct credentials, it still doesn't operate correctly.  A user receives the home page, but most menu choices redirect the user to the login screen.  Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

JM

Hi Joel,

I tend no to trust much OutSystems Now... I think it's better to test mobile apps in the physical devices. It's where the apps will "live".

Be that as it may, your report is odd. Does it run ok in an iPhone? Or is it only in iPads that you get that behaviour?

João Heleno wrote:

Hi Joel,

I tend no to trust much OutSystems Now... I think it's better to test mobile apps in the physical devices. It's where the apps will "live".

Be that as it may, your report is odd. Does it run ok in an iPhone? Or is it only in iPads that you get that behaviour?

Thank you, João.  It took a long time to get to the point of testing on my iPad, because I have no Mac to create signing certificates.  Somebody in another company office had to do that for me.  We have not yet tested on an iPhone, but that is a good idea.