Automatic Activity Created, and then the process is waiting [Is it a Bug or else?]

Automatic Activity Created, and then the process is waiting [Is it a Bug or else?]

Hi there, 

I got headache with this BPT, here is the case:

where the AutomaticAtivity1 is blank:

I got this in Service Center, where the Automatic Activity 1 is not Closed, and the subprocess that includes it will be on waiting status. If i remove that Automatic Activity, the process is closed.

Is this a bug or else ( java.lang.OutOfMemoryError??) Thank you.

regards,

Hi Pasar,

You should have only one End in your flow (main path). Any other should be a Terminate. If you have 2 ends, the first path will close the process but the alternative flow will be waiting. 

Changes one of them to Terminate Yes and probably this will be fixed.

Regards

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Thank you. I try with simple one also, create a BPT and just put one activity (with one start and one end). Unfortunately the result is the same, the activity is created, but not closed.

regards,

Fábio Fantato wrote:

Hi Pasar,

You should have only one End in your flow (main path). Any other should be a Terminate. If you have 2 ends, the first path will close the process but the alternative flow will be waiting. 

Changes one of them to Terminate Yes and probably this will be fixed.

Regards

Fabio

Hi, because there is an IF tool, in this case i don't think it will be different between set it to terminate No or Yes, because it has been in one path.

And for the simple one, it is going okay today. I do not know why.

regards

Solution

Hi Fabio,

I think i found the error. Every time i change the BPT, the first  process is locked and need to unlock (in Service Center) before the other process runs. I do not know why? Impact Analysis - but i do not have a running process for the older BPT. So strange and not documented well.. Anybody want to write a book on Outsystems?  Thank you.

regards, 

Solution

Hi Pasar.,

Indeed when we publish a new version of the process, the platform runs an impact analysis. When those changes are critical and can affect any running process (It was the case when you include a Decision statement) they will be locked.  

This happens because the platform could not decide automatically which path should be applied for the process started on the previous version. 

regards

However, all previous processes have been terminated. I think it runs impact analysis whether there is or there isn't. Thank you Fabio. Why don't you publish a book on Outsystems?

regards,