MS SQL cluster and OutSystems

MS SQL cluster and OutSystems

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with high availability of MS SQL supporting the OutSystems?

We're evaluating the option to have a MS SQL cluster with active/active/standby servers with a f5 load balancer in front of the servers (MS SQL), so the OutSystems' front-ends and controller server connects to load balancer to access the MS SQL (connections distributed to the 2 active of the cluster).

My concerns is the OutSystems use connection pooling for the databases, and is not cluster aware platform (altrough f5 could obviate this by presenting a single entry point).

Reason to do this is high availability and scalability on database side.

Hi Luis,

Although nobody responded to your question, I was wondering if you yourself found out the answer already, and if so if you would like to share your experience.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Luis,

Although nobody responded to your question, I was wondering if you yourself found out the answer already, and if so if you would like to share your experience.

Regards,

Daniel

We've contacted OutSystems support and answer we got back is this not recommended.

We could go doing all the "black magic" behind OutSystems with f5 and MS SQL clusters presenting a single point to OutSystems, but in the end we choose not go this way. 

Thank you for the feedback Luis.