Loading an Image from a file share

Loading an Image from a file share

  

Hello,


I'm new to Outsystems... I'm trying to load an image from a fileshare on a server into an image widget on a Web Screen. Can someone please step me though how to accomplish this? 

Many thanks!



Vera Havens wrote:

Hello,


I'm new to Outsystems... I'm trying to load an image from a fileshare on a server into an image widget on a Web Screen. Can someone please step me though how to accomplish this? 

Many thanks!



Hi Vera,

In image widget, we have type option if you select that and pass the URL you can achieve this.


Thanks,

PP


PP, thanks for replying! I have tried to put in the URL in the form of "\\ServerName\FilePath\MyImage.tif" I store in a local variable called FilePathAndName, but nothing displays. I've also checked on the same page that this file does in fact exist and displayed it along with the contents of the FilePathAndName variable. Not sure what I'm missing.

Vera Havens wrote:

PP, thanks for replying! I have tried to put in the URL in the form of "\\ServerName\FilePath\MyImage.tif" I store in a local variable called FilePathAndName, but nothing displays. I've also checked on the same page that this file does in fact exist and displayed it along with the contents of the FilePathAndName variable. Not sure what I'm missing.

Hi Vera,

The supported image formats are GIF, JPEG, PNG, and SVG.

can you try any one of them?


Thanks,

PP


I thought TIFF files were also supported. Is that not the case? If not, how can I display a TIFF file in Outsystems?

Thanks so much for the help!

Hello Vera,

As far as I know, in general, browsers do not show TIFF format.
So, you will have to convert the image to a format that can be shown, like GIF, JPEG, PNG, or SVG.

Other than that, you may try to find a library (JavaScript) that is able to do that and implement in your application (or maybe there is something in the forge, you may try to find there).

Regarding the fileshare, unless it is accessible from the machine wehere is the browser running the page of the application (and I never tried to use an img tag with a share, but I think it is possible), the image will not be displayed. 

Cheers

Vera Havens wrote:

I thought TIFF files were also supported. Is that not the case? If not, how can I display a TIFF file in Outsystems?

Thanks so much for the help!

Hi Vera,

 it looks only mainstream browser that supports tiff is Safari.

Did you test that on safari?

I can give a temporary solution i.e change the file Extension to supported extension(GIF, JPEG, PNG, and SVG.) using any of the image editor tool(Photoshop, illustrator).


Regards,

PP