Datas in aggregate count

Datas in aggregate count

Hi,

I have a common basic question,

Where will the data (aggregate) count will be added, will that be an application data or is it a system data?

Getting confused, can anyone please explain this.

Thanks,

Keerthi

Hi Keerthi,

Could you rephrase your question please? Are you referring to the Count property of an aggregate?

Cheers,

Tiago.

Tiago Gafeira wrote:

Hi Keerthi,

Could you rephrase your question please? Are you referring to the Count property of an aggregate?

Cheers,

Tiago.

Sorry, i mean the size of the aggregate.

In service center the environment db size has two categories right, 

One is system data and the another is application data.

So my question is the data in the aggregate will be counted as system data or application data!?

The following information in Lifetime refers to different type of data stored in the DB.

Aggregates in your applications can retrieve both Application Data (usual case), but also System Data if you reference System entities in your application.

Thanks,

If I create an entity in my module named Address, the data in the address entity will be considered as application data.

and if I refer a plugin, consider pushwoosh plugin, the entities that I take from pushwoosh are considered as system data.

Am I right?

Solution

Hi Keerthi,

For your first scenario, if you create an Address module and define Entities in it, their records will take up "Application Data" space. Plugins like most components on the forge, are user modules, so any entities they define will still count for the "Application Data" space.

If you register a new user on your environment, that creates a new User record, and User is a System entity, so the record will increase the "System Data" space. The same applies when you publish a new version of a module, the module definition you published (the OML) will be store in a System entity and as such will make your "System Data" space grow.

Using an Aggregate to fetch data, doesn't spend any kind of environment DB space... you are getting it from the database and displaying it. Only creating/updating/deleting data on the database will change your environment DB size (either on the Application Data for entities in modules you create/install  or on the System Data for entities defined in system modules) 

Solution