Hello, 

I am working on a project and using web blocks for different parts of an inspection form. Currently I have a parent block a form inside. What I would like to do is include a button that allows the tech to add more forms based on how many gadgets they are inspecting. I am not finding an easy way to do to this without using a list records. Has anyone been able to do this and if so how? 

Thank you 

But this is the proper way to do this. A list records with an webblock within. And your form goes into the webblock.

Why isn't it that easy for you? What kind of issue are have you been running into?

João Melo wrote:

But this is the proper way to do this. A list records with an webblock within. And your form goes into the webblock.

Why isn't it that easy for you? What kind of issue are have you been running into?

Hi Joao, 

Thank you for getting back to me and sorry for the slow response. The issues I am having are if I use a list record, first the form doesn't repopulate, when the user clicks back to the record it doesn't show the saved data for that new inspection.  I could be doing something wrong with the input variables but I can't seem to find the issue there. The data saves but does not repopulate. 

Secondly the back button on the screen causes a lot of issues when the user clicks back with the list record. It at times seems like a endless back button when the user should feel as if they have only navigated one or two screens forward. If I set it so the user doesn't navigate to a new sceen containing a form by adding the from directly in the list widget, then my main screen becomes massivly long.

I was able to create a nice flow with the Section Expandable widget but there doesn't seem to be the ability to add a form that collapses nicely with an add button like the with the List and ListAppend.  

Hello Jonathan,

The Form problem is easy solve if I didn't misunderstand your explanation. The reason is the when a form is build or refreshed, it only copies data from its source if the page is loading. So, if you have a web block with a form that is being rebuild in the page, you need, in the preparation, to explicitly assign the source to the Form Record using an assignment node.

The second problem with the back button I just couldn't understand your explanation, sorry.

About collapsing, I think there is no method (server action) to perform it, but with a small JavaScript you can Open or Close an expandable section...

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Jonathan,

The Form problem is easy solve if I didn't misunderstand your explanation. The reason is the when a form is build or refreshed, it only copies data from its source if the page is loading. So, if you have a web block with a form that is being rebuild in the page, you need, in the preparation, to explicitly assign the source to the Form Record using an assignment node.

The second problem with the back button I just couldn't understand your explanation, sorry.

About collapsing, I think there is no method (server action) to perform it, but with a small JavaScript you can Open or Close an expandable section...

Cheers

Hello, 

Thank you for helping out, I have eliminated the use of webblocks and I am still having this issue, I am beyond stumped now. Currently in my mobile app, I have the List that on click, links over to the details page, when I return to the main page, I still don't see how to keep that row visible. I have added a little video to show my problem, I hope that helps. 

Thank you again 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AluhR3OfiBGDhgBu1h9yFSAQ7Z0Y