Adding and OutSystems user to the team

Adding and OutSystems user to the team

In my OutSystems Enterprise environment, I want to add someone to my development environment.

This person, already has an OutSystems.com login using their work email.

How can I "add" this person using the work email that they used with their personal environment rather than having to create the user - thus they would have to have two different IDs?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Manage_IT_Teams/Create_an_IT_User_for_a_Developer

-Bruce

Hi Bruce,

You can add same email in the lifetime as that developer use for personal environment.

Like my personal id is rajatagrawalbpl@gmail.com for my personal environment and I also use same for my enterprise environment. Below is the image from enterprises environemnt.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi Bruce,

You can add same email in the lifetime as that developer use for personal environment.

Like my personal id is rajatagrawalbpl@gmail.com for my personal environment and I also use same for my enterprise environment. Below is the image from enterprises environemnt.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

How do I add someone to my enterprise environment that already has a personal env?

Here are screenshot of how I am trying to add this person from my Enterprise Lifetime.

Notice that when I click "New User", the form requires me to enter a new login ID and new password ... it looks like it is trying to create a brand-new user rather than adding an existing user to our environment.

Solution

Hi,

Take an example - 

bbuttles@gmail.com is associated with your personal environment. If you want to use same username for enterprises environment, they you need to create user with same bbuttles@gmail.com email id.. After creating user then only user can access the Enterprises environment. 

Personal & enterprises user database are different, we need to validate the user based on login credentials.

You need to create user with same email id.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Solution

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi,

Take an example - 

bbuttles@gmail.com is associated with your personal environment. If you want to use same username for enterprises environment, they you need to create user with same bbuttles@gmail.com email id.. After creating user then only user can access the Enterprises environment. 

Personal & enterprises user database are different, we need to validate the user based on login credentials.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Ah - got it so in fact it is just coincidence that the same username and email are used in the personal and enterprise environment ... they user will have different passwords in each environment (unless of course they intentionally enter the same password in both personal and enterprise environments).

It's like we should think of personal and our enterprise environment as totally different sites all together ... it's like the difference between my Amazon account and my eBay account - totally different sites - but - I could in fact have the same email and password on both if I wanted.

Got it thanks!

Bruce Buttles wrote:

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi,

Take an example - 

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Ah - got it so in fact it is just coincidence that the same username and email are used in the personal and enterprise environment ... they user will have different passwords in each environment (unless of course they intentionally enter the same password in both personal and enterprise environments).

It's like we should think of personal and our enterprise environment as totally different sites all together ... it's like the difference between my Amazon account and my eBay account - totally different sites - but - I could in fact have the same email and password on both if I wanted.

Got it thanks!

Yes, you are right..

I have my gmail id for personal environment and same I am using with 2 enterprises environment also.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal