Start Process on Update Entity action

Start Process on Update Entity action

Is there any way of start a process on a update entity action. As far as i could see, i only can start a process on a create entity action.

Hi David,

Processes can only be started automatically by Create events. Conditional Start branches can be started both on Create and Update Events.

Depending on your use case, it may be possible to make use of this.

Another thing to consider is that if you have a solid architecture, the places in your application that update a record are well contained and you can explicitly use the LaunchProcess action to start a new instance.

Cheers,

Tiago.

Tiago Gafeira wrote:

Hi David,

Processes can only be started automatically by Create events. Conditional Start branches can be started both on Create and Update Events.

Depending on your use case, it may be possible to make use of this.

Another thing to consider is that if you have a solid architecture, the places in your application that update a record are well contained and you can explicitly use the LaunchProcess action to start a new instance.

Cheers,

Tiago.

But to Start a process with a Conditional Start, i still need to launch the process on a Create event, right?

Basically, i have a process that is working as intend, that is launch on a Create event and i want to replicate this process on an Update event.

Solution

"But to Start a process with a Conditional Start, i still need to launch the process on a Create event, right?"

Yes. It may be a solution for long-term running processes, where the main flow does not end in a short-term and you start a Conditional Start. Maybe not a very common scenario.

"Basically, i have a process that is working as intend, that is launch on a Create event and i want to replicate this process on an Update event."

In that case, launching the process explicitly should be the best choice. Just remember that if have several updates, there's no guarantee on the order of the running process instances.

Solution