Permanent delete after deleting extension

Permanent delete after deleting extension

Hi, I have a question, which I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere.

When I delete an extension in service studio, does it get permanently erased from the platform or is it kept? The reason I'm asking this is our extensions are occupying so much needed space and we want to delete their old versions (as we do with DBCleaner for the espaces) but it doesn't seem to me that there's any available app to take care of that (DBCleaner API seems to have something of the kind but there's apparently no app that implements it... I could be wrong... if that's the case, I'd appreciate it if you'd direct me to it).

So, with that said, if there's really no way to delete old versions I want to know if the system keeps or actually deletes the extension completely if we delete it in service studio.

Hi Please delete from Integration studio along with service studio.

Hi.
How do I delete from Integration Studio? I see no such option...

u can find like service studio at installation package.

Yes, I'm using Integration Studio, as I'm working on an extension.

But, in Integration Studio, I see no such option to delete an extension.

Anyone?

Can it be done, deleting extensions' old versions/backups or even completely deleting all traces of an extension/unused extensions?

Fábio Albuquerque wrote:

Anyone?

Can it be done, deleting extensions' old versions/backups or even completely deleting all traces of an extension/unused extensions?

Could you check from service center - espaces ?

if still there, you should delete it from service center.

Hi, Toto.

That much I know. My question was more like if I erase it if it would erase all versions of it from the database.

But I've already checked and it keep all the old versions in the database.

I could just erase them through the entities but I don't know what impact it would have on the whole platform. I've checked what tables it connects to but my question in this case is... If I erase an extension version does it what implications does it have? I'm afraid of doing that and to break something.

Hi All,

We can delete from service center/factory and select which we want to delete.

Please try.

Thanks,

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi All,

We can delete from service center/factory and select which we want to delete.

Please try.

Thanks,

We can? Where? From service center/factory I only see an option to delete all. And even so it keeps the data in the database anyway...

Solution

I ended up  using the system's aggregates to erase the extension's versions (in this case, it was only for the those that had previowsly been deleted from service center and were no longer being used).

I joined the aggregates: extension, extension_version, espace_extension, solution_version, solution_version_reference. I had to have all of these into account because of the constraints. As my objective was to free space (you'd be amazed with how much space you can free erasing old versions of unused extensions), I deleting only those with no contraints.

So, I joined those aggregates and the filters were:

Extension.Is_Active = False and Espace_Extension.Espace_Id = NullIdentifier() and Extension.Version_Id <> Extension_Version.Id and Extension_Version.Id <> IntegerToIdentifier(IdentifierToInteger(Solution_Version_Reference.Extension_Version_Id))

That's it. Hope it helps someone else having this problem. :)

Solution

Hi,

While this does indeed work, please keep in mind that this is not supported and if you do something incorrect - could cause harm to your system.

Stacey Levine wrote:

Hi,

While this does indeed work, please keep in mind that this is not supported and if you do something incorrect - could cause harm to your system.

Hi.

Well, that's why I asked here to check if there was some other way. Since we're limited on space we had to free some.

Also, there should be an option on service center or even a supported app that would allow the users to do just that (if there is already a way I didn't find it). Because that's just not practical to kieep things in the database that are no longer needed. And these things tend to add up through time...

Besides, we made a backup in case something went wrong.

REMEMBER: DON'T EVER TRY SOMETHING THAT COULD MESS WITH THE SYSTEM WITHOUT A BACKUP!