Search Functionality for Text

Search Functionality for Text

I am currently creating a application with many different procedures in it, I would like to have a search feature that can search the main titles of the procedures. I am only using screens and text. Is this possible without creating a full database as this app needs to be 'offline' and available at anytime.

Hi Michael,

Can you please elaborate on what is a procedure? Is it data inserted/consulted by application users?

If that's the case, you can achieve offline behavior by syncing the database information to the device's local storage.

Cheers,

Tiago. 

Hello, the procedures i have include such things as what to do in case of an earthquake, fire, building evacuation, etc. which is only text and screens within outsystems. There is not currently a database in which it syncs or searches. Hope that clarifies. Thanks!

Hi Michael,

If your pages only include static content, there's no built-in feature to execute the search you mention. This type of site/ application is not where OutSystems stands out. 

Maybe you can have a simple Backoffice to create procedures (title and content) whose definition is stored in the DB. This way you can easily implement search functionalities.

Cheers,

Tiago.

Have those procedures stored in local storage and create a filter for that entity to do search. It should still work when app is offline.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/782/local-storage/