[Azure Cognitive Services Connector] Upgrade from 1.2.0 to 2.0.0 impact

[Azure Cognitive Services Connector] Upgrade from 1.2.0 to 2.0.0 impact

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 26 Sep by Pedro Oliveira
13 votes
Published on 26 Sep by Pedro Oliveira

Hi 

Currently I'm using version 1.2.0 in my app. I was looking the delete function to delete the person but can't found in it and just noticed now the latest version is 2.0.0. 

I found that some of the functions like GetPerson in previous version doesn't exist in the latest version, but there is delete person in the latest version. 

My question, will it be a big impact if I upgrade to the latest version?

Thanks.

Hi XiaoHui: the 2.0.0 version of the app is a rewrite so there will be some, albeit minimal, refactoring work required. That said, the changes are straight forward and there is a sample app you can review for help https://www.outsystems.com/forge/3921/

The old connector used APIs that had been deprecated and we added support for ~50 more in the new connector so it's well worth the upgrade!

Andy Pemberton wrote:

Hi XiaoHui: the 2.0.0 version of the app is a rewrite so there will be some, albeit minimal, refactoring work required. That said, the changes are straight forward and there is a sample app you can review for help https://www.outsystems.com/forge/3921/

The old connector used APIs that had been deprecated and we added support for ~50 more in the new connector so it's well worth the upgrade!

Thanks Andy for the reply. I need to evaluate the impact before upgrade, because my system is ready in production environment. 

Yes, I saw there are many functions compared to the previous version and it's very useful. 

My question, there are different OcpApimSubscriptionKey for different API, does it mean that I need to subscribe different key for each API?

Thanks

Xiao Hui

Xiao Hui: not necessarily; I believe you can only subscribe a given key to a given set of the cognitive services APIs, but if I'm wrong about that, no problem with using the same key across API sets. Please give it a try and report your findings back either way. Thanks!

Andy Pemberton wrote:

Xiao Hui: not necessarily; I believe you can only subscribe a given key to a given set of the cognitive services APIs, but if I'm wrong about that, no problem with using the same key across API sets. Please give it a try and report your findings back either way. Thanks!

Thanks Andy! I will try it out once I update it to the latest version.