Dsiplay single field from records table

Dsiplay single field from records table

Good day

I would just like to know if it is possible to display a single field from the records table in something like an input box. What I mean is in my records table i have 4 columns namely name,surname,date and sql. I would like to display the sql column of the record the user clicks on. So if he clicks on the first record then it has to display the SQL column field in a textbox or inputbox, i just want to display this spesifeic field. I hope this makes sense

Warm Regards

Solution

Hello David.

It is possible.

Basically:

1. You will need an IF statement with a condition (usually a computed field in the SQL or aggregate) that tells if it must show the expression with the value or the input box. 

2. In the expression, you put a link around it and execute an Ajax Submit to a Screen Action that will change the value and refresh the IF to show the Input.

3. In the input you usually associate with a "Check and Close" icons to save or cancel the edition. On save or cancel, you change the condition and refresh the if again.

In between you put your logic to update the field and refresh only the line.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello David.

It is possible.

Basically:

1. You will need an IF statement with a condition (usually a computed field in the SQL or aggregate) that tells if it must show the expression with the value or the input box. 

2. In the expression, you put a link around it and execute an Ajax Submit to a Screen Action that will change the value and refresh the IF to show the Input.

3. In the input you usually associate with a "Check and Close" icons to save or cancel the edition. On save or cancel, you change the condition and refresh the if again.

In between you put your logic to update the field and refresh only the line.

Cheers.

Thank you. 

It helped me get on the right  path