Email Validation If not entered

Email Validation If not entered

Hi All,

Here I have strucked while validating Email. 

I have a filed Email and which is mandatory. 

My Scenario is: When select user name, automatically email id is filling. But for few user name, email id is not avalible. So for that users, email id is not filled automatically and need to validate, if email id in not filled automaticalle and need to show error/warning message like "Without Email Id you are not able to create account."

Can any one help on this,. 

Example of fileds: user name, user phoneno, emailid. 

Username are already availble and for that user, few users doesnt have emailids.

now I am using these user details in other screens and filling automatically with help of username, phone number and email id. 

here if email id is not filled , form need to check and throug messge.

thanks 

Gangadhara

ganga dhara wrote:

Hi All,

Here I have strucked while validating Email. 

I have a filed Email and which is mandatory. 

My Scenario is: When select user name, automatically email id is filling. But for few user name, email id is not avalible. So for that users, email id is not filled automatically and need to validate, if email id in not filled automaticalle and need to show error/warning message like "Without Email Id you are not able to create account."

Can any one help on this,. 

Example of fileds: user name, user phoneno, emailid. 

Username are already availble and for that user, few users doesnt have emailids.

now I am using these user details in other screens and filling automatically with help of username, phone number and email id. 

here if email id is not filled , form need to check and throug messge.

thanks 

Gangadhara

Hi ganga,

if you use your email filed datatype Email Type then validation  automatically fired.

i think it's work for you.

Hi Ganga,

Are you asking how to perform data validation? Because if you are, I'd advise you to take the online courses first, as it is explained in there.

Hi Ganga,

Simply use the Outsystems "EmailAddressValidate()" function to validate the email.