Heavy Report Generation

Heavy Report Generation

Hi Community,

I'm trying to create a report which will traverse through more than a thousand records.

I tried creating a timer but this is not asynchronous so I won't be able to create simultaneous records. I wanted it to run as a process but I'm not sure how to trap the timeout of the records as I compute tremendously.

Current implementation:

How can I improve this and insert into a process? Currently I check if the session user id is not yet done, then I process that report. But for multiple users and reports, I am unable to do it.

Geraldine Ablaza wrote:

I tried creating a timer but this is not asynchronous so I won't be able to create simultaneous records. 

Can't say I follow you... timers ARE asynchronous.

What exactly is your problem? Do you have errors during timer execution?

João Heleno wrote:

Geraldine Ablaza wrote:

I tried creating a timer but this is not asynchronous so I won't be able to create simultaneous records. 

Can't say I follow you... timers ARE asynchronous.

What exactly is your problem? Do you have errors during timer execution?

Hi Joao,

Yup I understand it being asynchronous but it can only be used by  a single user at anytime right?

Timers are executed in parallel. By default in fresh installations of the platform you'll have 3 threads for timers.

That means you can have 3 different timers running at the same time.

Do you need to generate 1 report or several reports?

João Heleno wrote:

Timers are executed in parallel. By default in fresh installations of the platform you'll have 3 threads for timers.

That means you can have 3 different timers running at the same time.

Do you need to generate 1 report or several reports?

Yes, I need to generate several reports.