Aggregate Take to so Long

Aggregate Take to so Long

I have a problem about call aggregate in outsystems with binary data inside it..but when i call it,always have connection time out..anyone have solution about it? Thx

Hi Ricky,

There are several actions that can be done:

• Do you filter on attributes that are not indexed?, if not index them
  • Do you need the binary data in the aggregate? If not, consider a 1-1 entity with only the binary data attribute, and only use that entity in aggregates when you need the binary data. 
  • Check how many records with binary data you retrieve in one action, limiting the number of records will have a positive impact in total time it takes to retrieve the data.
  • You can increase the timeout on the aggregate, but I am not sure that will help you now as you write you got a connection time out.

Regards,

Daniel

- Did you put the binary data in a separate table?

- Did you link the tables correct?

- Can you filter the data you want to retrieve (or get the top-n rows) or do you really need all rows?

- Can you resize the binary data (i.e. if its a picture)?

- If there are linked tables: did you add indexes?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Ricky,

There are several actions that can be done:

• Do you filter on attributes that are not indexed?, if not index them
  • Do you need the binary data in the aggregate? If not, consider a 1-1 entity with only the binary data attribute, and only use that entity in aggregates when you need the binary data. 
  • Check how many records with binary data you retrieve in one action, limiting the number of records will have a positive impact in total time it takes to retrieve the data.
  • You can increase the timeout on the aggregate, but I am not sure that will help you now as you write you got a connection time out.

Regards,

Daniel

I Just filter with data i only want,but all data keep fetching until done first so still time out.
How to limiting number of records? because i have table Attachment and Attachment File (for binary data only) and still get time out.

Joost Rutten wrote:

- Did you put the binary data in a separate table?

- Did you link the tables correct?

- Can you filter the data you want to retrieve (or get the top-n rows) or do you really need all rows?

- Can you resize the binary data (i.e. if its a picture)?

- If there are linked tables: did you add indexes?

- yes i have separate table binary only,

- of course correct.

- i use filter for get 1 data only,but still fetching all data until connection time out.

- if binary data in table too much(resize not help much).

- yes i had have a indexes id for it.

Well, let us see the aggregate you are using..

(and the max records is set in the properties for example)