Is possible to set a SOAP method timeout in runtime?

Is possible to set a SOAP method timeout in runtime?

Hi all,

my question is if anyone knows if is possible to set a timeout for a SOAP method in runtime?

Basically what i want to achieve is to set a method to timeout after 60s when called from a screen action but the same method will have a bigger timeout value called from a timer or a process.

Do you think this is possible to achieve? at the moment the timeout value need to be set on the code...

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Hi Gonçalo,

Have you tried the SetRequestTimeout action in the HTTPRequestHandler extension? 

With this action, you can set the timeout for your requests in screen actions. Its timeout can be set dynamically at runtime.

Regards,

João Mateus

João Mateus wrote:

Hi Gonçalo,

Have you tried the SetRequestTimeout action in the HTTPRequestHandler extension? 

With this action, you can set the timeout for your requests in screen actions. Its timeout can be set dynamically at runtime.

Regards,

João Mateus

Hi Joao,

that could be an option but I'm afraid I'm not able to handle the error after using the SetRequestTimeout at the moment.The idea was to use that to trigger an BPT and send a document by email and avoid the user to wait for more then 60s for a document.

Cheers