Unabke to download pdf file from mobile apps

Unabke to download pdf file from mobile apps

Hi

i am unable to download pdf from putsystem mobile.i am storing all content in binary format.i cant use any forge component.without forge component i have to do this.i am basically following the below steps.

1. create a new Web Application, and module.
    1. Add any required dependencies so it has access to the relevant Database Entities.
    2. Create a new empty Screen (name it GetFile, for instance), with any input parameters necessary to determine what to download.
    3. Add a Preparation to the new GetFile screen, that fetches the requested data from the Database, performs any needed logic and ends in a Download tool.
  2. In your Mobile application, instead of using a static URL, build a URL to the GetFile screen on the new Web Application (including any relevant input parameters). 

but almost done but in web url i have to pass two value and based on that value i have to fetch the data from entity and then i have to download the file.but i am unable to do this.

i need help on urgent basis.plz help.

Hi Arkyadeep,

Like it says here, here and here (Forum search is a thing!), you need the File Transfer Plugin in order to do that. Let me make it very clear, so you understand, and your boss understands, and everyone else who might need to know understands, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS WITHOUT A CORDOVA PLUGIN. So unless you create your own component, you do need a Forge Component.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:do u have any sample oml file.i can't generate apk now.with out apk I think we can't test file transfer plugin

Hi Arkyadeep,

Like it says here, here and here (Forum search is a thing!), you need the File Transfer Plugin in order to do that. Let me make it very clear, so you understand, and your boss understands, and everyone else who might need to know understands, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS WITHOUT A CORDOVA PLUGIN. So unless you create your own component, you do need a Forge Component.

Hi Arkyadeep,

It's true, Cordova plug-ins can't be tested in a browser, you can only test them on a real device.

Hi Arkyadeep,

You can easily generate the APK and install it on any Android device for testing on a real device. You just need to go to your Application (in Service Studio), choose the Native tab, and follow instructions there. You also have instructions on how to do this in the online training for Mobile App development.

Jorge Martins wrote:my problem is resolved.i managed it.

Hi Arkyadeep,

You can easily generate the APK and install it on any Android device for testing on a real device. You just need to go to your Application (in Service Studio), choose the Native tab, and follow instructions there. You also have instructions on how to do this in the online training for Mobile App development.