Parallel development on the same eSpace

Parallel development on the same eSpace

Hi,

We have a situation where two teams are working on the same eSpace but they are working on different sprints. And team One is completed the development and need to release their changes into UAT. But the development of team Two is still in progress and we don't want to deploy the changes by team Two into UAT.  Could anyone advise what the best practice to handle this situation?

Hi Aung,

First, that's not the typical development process in OutSystems, shorter sprints that build on the previous one (fixing and/or enhancing) are a lot more common and avoid this sort of situation.

My two cents, without ever having had to deal with this and of the top of my head:

Following your current approach, I don't think there's any platform-supported way of doing parallel development paths for a module. One possibility is having the features being actively developed by each team (that have not reached production status) protected by some check on independent Site Properties that you always default to false. That way, the team that deploys the application to UAT just needs to change the site property to True to activate its features. Whenever that application is promoted to Production, the team needs to change the code in Dev to remove those protective checks, as those features have been already accepted.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Aung,

First, that's not the typical development process in OutSystems, shorter sprints that build on the previous one (fixing and/or enhancing) are a lot more common and avoid this sort of situation.

My two cents, without ever having had to deal with this and of the top of my head:

Following your current approach, I don't think there's any platform-supported way of doing parallel development paths for a module. One possibility is having the features being actively developed by each team (that have not reached production status) protected by some check on independent Site Properties that you always default to false. That way, the team that deploys the application to UAT just needs to change the site property to True to activate its features. Whenever that application is promoted to Production, the team needs to change the code in Dev to remove those protective checks, as those features have been already accepted.

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your suggestion.