JSON

Hi,

I submitted some data through a form and used "json serialize" on the submitted record. How could I  access the data serialized into json in my application for further use?

Hi,

Does json deserialize work?

chandra vikas sharma wrote:

Hi,

You can use from below Link.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Details.aspx?ProjectId=413

Hi Vikas,

It was helpful! I  serialized a record into a json string and now I want to store that  string into an entity in database. I tried running an SQL query to do so but it couldn't fetch the json serialized texts. As I'm a beginner in outsystems I'll be glad if you could suggest me a way.

Thanks! 

Hi,

You have two widgets existing in actions to write to Json string and retrieve data from JSON string

In JSON Serialize you put the data you want to put in JSON and manipulate/write in a database and in JSON Deserialize you indeicate the JSON string to be deserialized and the output format matching the deserialization (entity, list of records,...)

Fabien BURLOT wrote:

Hi,

You have two widgets existing in actions to write to Json string and retrieve data from JSON string

In JSON Serialize you put the data you want to put in JSON and manipulate/write in a database and in JSON Deserialize you indeicate the JSON string to be deserialized and the output format matching the deserialization (entity, list of records,...)

Thanks!

Shashankit Thakur wrote:

Fabien BURLOT wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Is what I wrote work for you? If yes please mark it as solution so other people can find answer more easily when looking in the forum.

Regards

Shashankit Thakur wrote:

Hi Vikas,

It was helpful! I  serialized a record into a json string and now I want to store that  string into an entity in database. I tried running an SQL query to do so but it couldn't fetch the json serialized texts. As I'm a beginner in outsystems I'll be glad if you could suggest me a way.

Thanks! 

Hi Shashankit,

I have to ask, why did you feel the need to turn the original Entity record from the Form into JSON in the first place?... Why not just store the Entity record directly when you submit it?