Access the mobile device settings

Access the mobile device settings

Hello

I have a mobile app. I want to be able  to change the device settings such as the WiFi network, Bluetooth connection and volume settings from within the app without opening the settings on the device's settings screen. I want to be able to set this within the app without exiting the app.

I tried the Settings forge component, but this only opens the native device settings screens. This is not what I want. The app will be used on a preset locked device and the user should not have access to the  normal device setting menu.

Does anyone have some ideas on how this can be done or can point me to a Forge component or cordova plug in?

Thanks a lot!

I'm not sure that's possible at all, via any app.

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello

I have a mobile app. I want to be able  to change the device settings such as the WiFi network, Bluetooth connection and volume settings from within the app without opening the settings on the device's settings screen. I want to be able to set this within the app without exiting the app.

I tried the Settings forge component, but this only opens the native device settings screens. This is not what I want. The app will be used on a preset locked device and the user should not have access to the  normal device setting menu.

Does anyone have some ideas on how this can be done or can point me to a Forge component or cordova plug in?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

This is something which is more tricky even with Native App's,

Native apps like Android provide an Predefined Action Intent to do so, which redirect you to the appropriate screen under phone settings.

We can't set the particular's from within the app, as of it is a part of ROM.

And here in outsystems we are cross-platform not even Native , thus I don't think we have or we can meet this.

- Assif