Auto refresh layout after modification in all the child pages - OutSystems Mobile

Auto refresh layout after modification in all the child pages - OutSystems Mobile

Hi,

Currently we are facing one issue with the layout in our mobile application. 

We have placed static images & header right icons in the layout page placeholders.

We are consuming that layout in multiple mobile screens(30+ screens). 

Now when we are changing something in layout, its not reflecting changes in all the child pages in which we have used that layout. Instead we need to refresh the layout in all the pages again. 

i.e. I have reduced width of header image in layout. But in child screens I can still see same image with old width.

Isn't that lengthy operation? 

It should automatically refresh all the content in all the child screens. 

Do we have any solution for this? Let me know if I am not correct. 

Regards,

Palak Patel

Hi Palek,

Is this refresh problem just in Service Studio, or in the compiled mobile app? If the latter, is the problem only in emulation (preview mode) in the browser, or also on a real device?

Palak Patel wrote:

Hi,

We have placed static images & header right icons in the layout page placeholders.

Now when we are changing something in layout, its not reflecting changes in all the child pages in which we have used that layout. Instead we need to refresh the layout in all the pages again. 

i.e. I have reduced width of header image in layout. But in child screens I can still see same image with old width.

Regards,

Palak Patel

Hi Palak,

I understand that you have created custom layout in the mobile application. Did you check what layout you are using under Themes like I use Layout2 and It will work.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Palek,

Is this refresh problem just in Service Studio, or in the compiled mobile app? If the latter, is the problem only in emulation (preview mode) in the browser, or also on a real device?

Hi,

This refresh problem is both in Service Studio and compiled mobile app(iOS & android).
Issue I am facing in both emulation & on real device. 

Regards,
Palak Patel

Palak Patel wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Palak Patel

Are you talking about the Common/Layout.

If yes then it reflect as it is used default in very newly created screen.

Can you post a snapshot or something more specific.

Or do try to publish and then re-check.

Thanks,

Assif

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Palak Patel wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Palak Patel

Hi Palak,

I understand that you have created custom layout in the mobile application. Did you check what layout you are using under Themes like I use Layout2 and It will work.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi Rajat,

Yes I am using similar layout. In my application, there is only one layout which I am using throughout all the pages. I have just made some changes to the layout static images, but they are not automatically reflecting in child pages.
When I select some other layout and then again select modified Layout, its showing my recent changes in the page. But I don't want to refresh it manually for all pages.
It should refresh the data automatically. 

Regards,
Palak Patel

assif_tiger wrote:

Palak Patel wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Palak Patel

Are you talking about the Common/Layout.

If yes then it reflect as it is used default in very newly created screen.

Can you post a snapshot or something more specific.

Or do try to publish and then re-check.

Thanks,

Assif

Hi Assif,

Yes I am talking about the same Common/Layout.
As you have mentioned, if I create new screen, its working fine. But old screens are having old content which I have already modified in Common/Layout.

Any specific reason for this? Did I miss anything? 

Regards,
Palak Patel

Palak Patel wrote:

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Palak Patel wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Palak Patel

Hi Palak,

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi Rajat,

Yes I am using similar layout. In my application, there is only one layout which I am using throughout all the pages. I have just made some changes to the layout static images, but they are not automatically reflecting in child pages.
When I select some other layout and then again select modified Layout, its showing my recent changes in the page. But I don't want to refresh it manually for all pages.
It should refresh the data automatically. 

Regards,
Palak Patel

Got it men....

As always you want automated process for it, good.. Well nice to see you in community..

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Palak, according to my understanding everything is working fine. You only need something like "refresh all" which automatically refresh all screens with newly made changes.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Palak, according to my understanding everything is working fine. You only need something like "refresh all" which automatically refresh all screens with newly made changes.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

May be that could help .. may be

Coz even if the need is there for refresh, the outsystem highlight a warning to do so.

I remember, I came accross same scenario, Where I changed the BG color in Common Layout Content & that was reflected on existing screens as well as new one.

Palak can u specify the outsystem Version?

Thanks

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Yes. Perfect. That's what my requirement is.
Because refreshing layout manually in all those many screens is not a good option for me.

Regards,
Palak Patel

assif_tiger wrote:

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

May be that could help .. may be

Coz even if the need is there for refresh, the outsystem highlight a warning to do so.

I remember, I came accross same scenario, Where I changed the BG color in Common Layout Content & that was reflected on existing screens as well as new one.

Palak can u specify the outsystem Version?

Thanks

Hi Assif,

Version which I am using is latest one.
Its 10.0.903.0