OutSystems Now - QR Code Reader

OutSystems Now - QR Code Reader

Does the QR code reader in OutSystems Now work for anyone? Doesn’t for me? I wrote a POC for a mobile app for a client and it won’t scan for us? The workaround I found (on an iPhone) is to just use the camera app. Any thoughts?

assif_tiger wrote:

Please ref this:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/319/qr-code-and-barcode-generator/?Unfollow=False

Thanks for the reply. I’m familiar with the QR Code component in the Forge. However, I’m referring to the scanning option within OutSystems Now...

Daryl Van Johnson wrote:

assif_tiger wrote:

Please ref this:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/319/qr-code-and-barcode-generator/?Unfollow=False

Thanks for the reply. I’m familiar with the QR Code component in the Forge. However, I’m referring to the scanning option within OutSystems Now...

Yes, it will work for everyone. ANyone can scan from their device.

Thanks,

Rajat

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Daryl Van Johnson wrote:

assif_tiger wrote:

Please ref this:

Yes, it will work for everyone. ANyone can scan from their device.

Thanks,

Rajat

Rabat,

I have an iPhone 7 Plus. My issue is that it is not working properly for me. The camera is activated successfully, but it does not scan the QR code. I’m aware that it should work for everyone.

Solution

After trying a few things and restarting my phone a few times, I finally got it to work by unloading all running applications and starting the OutSystems Now application by itself. Not sure what application was causing the problem. If I find out which one it was, I will be sure to post it here. 

Solution

Daryl Van Johnson wrote:

After trying a few things and restarting my phone a few times, I finally got it to work by unloading all running applications and starting the OutSystems Now application by itself. Not sure what application was causing the problem. If I find out which one it was, I will be sure to post it here. 

Great,

Actually you didn't mention it as outsystems-now thus I've referred the Forge one.

Well remember if you are using outsystes-now for demo purpose for clients than remember there are some features that either misbehave or doesn't work according defined principle's'.

Generate a build & send to client, as it get sync with your current live work.

Cheers

I purposely used OutSystems Now because I wanted the client to enter data into my personal environment for debugging purposes. What misbehavior should I be on the lookout for? Also, I did mention OutSystems Now in the subject and in the description (“QR code reader in OutSystems Now”).

I haven’t confirmed it yet, but the QR code reading function within OutSystems Now seems to be intermittent when the camera app is already loaded and running in the background. Still haven’t nailed down a workflow that makes it occur consistently.