make input field readonly in mobile application

make input field readonly in mobile application

Hi Team,

Can anyone help me how to make an input field to readonly in Mobile application. 

thanks,

-Dileep

Not sure, but have you tried either, add the class 'readonly', or adding the extended property: disabled?

Hello Venkata,

The input widget has a property called "enabled", you can use it with a variable to control the input

Mario Villagra wrote:

Hello Venkata,

The input widget has a property called "enabled", you can use it with a variable to control the input

If i set Enabled=false, i dont see anything as the control is disabled; I want users to view the content in the field but not to edit.

You can just set the Enabled property to False. However, I had situations where I wanted the element to be able to continue to receive focus for cut-n-paste operations. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but, I think that's when using readonly or disabled might be better for you.

Mauricio Mangini wrote:

Not sure, but have you tried either, add the class 'readonly', or adding the extended property: disabled?

I added the css style readonly:true; but did not help and i dont see Extended properties in the mobile application

Check out the Form inputs get readonly class while they can be editted on the subject. It will give you some direction...

@Venkata

It was already said here... Input widget in Mobile Apps have an Enabled property.

Setting this property to False will make your field read only.

Do you need more clarification around this subject?

Cheers

João Heleno

Thank you all for your responses; if figured out there is a style sheet that was downloaded with the template i used for my application that prevented the readonly; i now got it fixed.

thank you