Where are Entitys form Database stored?

Where are Entitys form Database stored?

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a mobile app in OutSystems and I'd like to know something.

In the Data tab, when I add an entity to Database where is it stored? Can we say it is stored in the cloud or is this just an external server? It's very important for my master thesis...

By the way, I have the free version of Outsystems.

Thank you!

Fábio Dias wrote:

Hi everyone,

In the Data tab, when I add an entity to Database where is it stored? Can we say it is stored in the cloud or is this just an external server? It's very important for my master thesis...

Thank you!

The answer is really both.  Yes, it is just stored on an OutSystems server, but you could refer to that as the cloud.  In fact, your personal environment probably as the url [username].outsystemscloud.com.

They refer to that style as a "cloud instance of the platform"

Hi Fábio,

Your OutSystems environment (regardless of whether it is on premises or in the cloud) is always configured to connect to a database server where all data is persisted (this can be one of SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL). Your entities will correspond to Tables in a database/schema on the configured database server.

You can check here for more information on the architecture of OutSystems.

I don't see what "stored in the cloud" would mean in the context of a Master's Thesis though... sounds tremendously vague and... magical.

Jordan Welch wrote:

Fábio Dias wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

The answer is really both.  Yes, it is just stored on an OutSystems server, but you could refer to that as the cloud.  In fact, your personal environment probably as the url [username].outsystemscloud.com.

They refer to that style as a "cloud instance of the platform"

Thank you for your reply!

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Fábio,

Your OutSystems environment (regardless of whether it is on premises or in the cloud) is always configured to connect to a database server where all data is persisted (this can be one of SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL). Your entities will correspond to Tables in a database/schema on the configured database server.

You can check here for more information on the architecture of OutSystems.

I don't see what "stored in the cloud" would mean in the context of a Master's Thesis though... sounds tremendously vague and... magical.

Thank you Jorge!