Key Detector - functionality to track pressed keys and react accordingly

Key Detector - functionality to track pressed keys and react accordingly

Here it goes a step by step guide in order to complement the component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/4347/ (functionality to detect pressed keys and react accordingly defined by the developer).

Nice read Ruben!

You may want to consider adding the event listener on the OnReady and removing the event listener on the OnDestroy event handlers though, otherwise I suspect odd things may happen sometimes...

And complete the Details section of your component it seems to have been cut short...

And as a complement to this short tutorial... I don't think it would be too complex to create a simple pattern that anyone could just drag and drop on their screens and implement event handlers for each of the keys, right? Let me know if you'd like to discuss this further!

Jorge Martins wrote:

Nice read Ruben!

You may want to consider adding the event listener on the OnReady and removing the event listener on the OnDestroy event handlers though, otherwise I suspect odd things may happen sometimes...

And complete the Details section of your component it seems to have been cut short...

And as a complement to this short tutorial... I don't think it would be too complex to create a simple pattern that anyone could just drag and drop on their screens and implement event handlers for each of the keys, right? Let me know if you'd like to discuss this further!

Hey Jorge,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Will be great if we can have a call and brainstorm a few improvements for the component.
I will drop you a message.

Thank you once again for your continuous help!

Nice component