Different SSO integration with different client

Different SSO integration with different client

Hi Folks,

I have requirements where my different tenant has different SSO mechanisms in single application. One client needs Active Directory SSO, One needs LDap. How can i do that in outsystems. Question is can i use different SSO mechanisms in single Login.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Ramesh Sirvi wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have requirements where my different tenant has different SSO mechanisms in single application. One client needs Active Directory SSO, One needs LDap. How can i do that in outsystems. Question is can i use different SSO mechanisms in single Login.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Did are using IDP forge component for SSO configuration?

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi Rajat,

Thanks for reply, No i did not use any IDP connector from forge. Is there any in build feature available on outsystems service studio which will provide me single sign on. 

Thanks,

Ramesh

Ramesh Sirvi wrote:

Hi Rajat,

Thanks for reply, No i did not use any IDP connector from forge. Is there any in build feature available on outsystems service studio which will provide me single sign on. 

Thanks,

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Below is the link of the IDP forge component - 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/599/idp/

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi Ramesh,

The default implementation of Login logic already includes support for LDAP or ActiveDirectory. That being said, in that implementation the decision on what Tenant to login to is decided after successful login.

If you want a different implementation than the default one, you can open the Users module and check how the User_Login and User_Logout server actions are implemented, and then create your own CustomLogin server action with whatever logic is required to achieve what you want (using the User_Login implementation as inspiration)

Hi All,

Thanks for reply, Please let me know the way where i can configure different SSO for different tenant in my single application. 

Thanks,

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

I've implemented several times external login. My general idea was to login to the external login, get a response from the external login and then fill the OutSystems users/groups/roles tables based on this info. After updating the tables, your Outsystems application uses the default authorization mechanism. Based on a site property/property associated with your tenant you can use different types of SSO.

In the Forge you'll find a number of components which will help you access the external login (like lDap or AD).

For developing purposes we used a boolean site property. Based on the value of this property the "normal, standard" OutSystems login was used or  the "external" login. We used the "normal login" for dev and test. The "external login" for acceptance and production.

Regards,

Matthieu de Graaf