Regarding SOAP api issues

Regarding SOAP api issues

I am facing with SOAP WSDL web services in Outsystems.

Basically when we try to consume the Web services it is creating successfully but when i try to use it in a server action it is failing.

it is throwing error 

Unable to connect to the remote server

Have you been able to get this web service working outside of OutSystems? Using something like SOAP UI or Postman to make sure you have the calls formatted correctly?

Jordan Welch wrote:

Have you been able to get this web service working outside of OutSystems? Using something like SOAP UI or Postman to make sure you have the calls formatted correctly?

Hi Jordan,

No....These web services have a dependancy on network and I  consumed those webservices in outsystems(My company servers ) and basically it is creating the web server but when it try to use it in Server action. it is throwing error. 

Stack:[1] Unable to connect to the remote server
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at ssBIS.WRefSE_Rudy_HPD_Incident_WSService.WRefSE_Rudy_HPD_Incident_WSService.HelpDesk_QueryList_Service(String inWSQualification, String inWSstartRecord, String inWSmaxLimit, WORCgetListValues2Record[]& outWSgetListValues)

[2] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.218.111.182:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Using SOAP UI we tested the apis but still under my company network.

Yeah it sounds like there is a sort of connection issue.

Are you using a cloud instance or OutSystems or did you say that you have a local instance installed on your company's servers? If the web service is only accessible inside of your companies network you may need to set up a VPN or port forwarding to be able to call it from outside the network.

Jordan Welch wrote:

Yeah it sounds like there is a sort of connection issue.

Are you using a cloud instance or OutSystems or did you say that you have a local instance installed on your company's servers? If the web service is only accessible inside of your companies network you may need to set up a VPN or port forwarding to be able to call it from outside the network.

Okay.

I have one doubt though my company outsystem servers are sitting in Company network so that is why we want to consume those SOAP apis and use it in our logic.

It is creating successfully the SOAP service. If there is connectivity issue then how it is creating consumed SOAP service.

This is where i am getting confused.

Avala ganesh wrote:

Jordan Welch wrote:

Hi Jordan,

No....These web services have a dependancy on network and I  consumed those webservices in outsystems(My company servers ) and basically it is creating the web server but when it try to use it in Server action. it is throwing error. 

Stack:[1] Unable to connect to the remote server
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at ssBIS.WRefSE_Rudy_HPD_Incident_WSService.WRefSE_Rudy_HPD_Incident_WSService.HelpDesk_QueryList_Service(String inWSQualification, String inWSstartRecord, String inWSmaxLimit, WORCgetListValues2Record[]& outWSgetListValues)

[2] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.218.111.182:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Using SOAP UI we tested the apis but still under my company network.

Hi

can you verify the endpoint configured in service center, and see if that endpoint have access, 

thanks,

Balu

Hmmm, so it looks like that when you add a WSDL file to consume a web service, the WSDL is grabbed directly by Service Studio through your local connection.

This means you could add the WSDL file and build the service, but then not be able to actually call it from the OutSystems server.

I just tested this by adding a service with a localhost url (http://localhost:63497/[ServiceName]) and it could be added successfully even though I obviously can't call it from the OutSystems application.

I am not 100% sure here, but it definitely seems the case.

Jordan Welch wrote:

Hmmm, so it looks like that when you add a WSDL file to consume a web service, the WSDL is grabbed directly by Service Studio through your local connection.

This means you could add the WSDL file and build the service, but then not be able to actually call it from the OutSystems server.

I just tested this by adding a service with a localhost url (http://localhost:63497/[ServiceName]) and it could be added successfully even though I obviously can't call it from the OutSystems application.

I am not 100% sure here, but it definitely seems the case.

Hi Jordan,

We have resolved enabled the port of theses web services in other servers. Now it is giving this error.

{"Errors":["The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."],"StatusCode":500}

Hmmmm, now this sounds like a new issue... I'm not quite sure how SOAP handles TSL/SSL. Also you might want to make a new forum point at this point with this question separately to get better visibility on your new question.