is it possible, Applying background as .mp4 video for the web screen?

is it possible, Applying background as .mp4 video for the web screen?

  

Hi Guys, 

   I have doubt that,

   1)  is it possible creating a webscreen with the complete background should be .mp4 video playing ?

   2)  Can we save the video file to entity and retrieve it to some other screen?


Thanks 

Shyam

Hi Shyam,

Here you have the CSS/javascript way of applying the background video to pages, try to replicate in outsystems,

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_fullscreen_video.asp


Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Balu

shyam sundar wrote:

Hi Guys, 

   I have doubt that,

   1)  is it possible creating a webscreen with the complete background should be .mp4 video playing ?

   2)  Can we save the video file to entity and retrieve it to some other screen?


Thanks 

Shyam

Yes, it's possible. have created a similar kind of component that how to add video as a background.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/4267/a-hero-panel-with-video-background/?Unfollow=False


Regards,

Pankaj Pant


Balu wrote:

Hi Shyam,

Here you have the CSS/javascript way of applying the background video to pages, try to replicate in outsystems,

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_fullscreen_video.asp


Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Balu


Hi Balu, 

 

Thanks for the quick reply Balu

 i'm new to the outsystems,  this is not only form the css/java script for applying the background, 

I'm not getting exact idea of playing the video in the background of webscreen  from your link,  coz " the source they have mention is trough HTML", where can i get the source and i'm having a video, that needs to be played in the background, for that either i should store the video in the entity and retrieve or i need to put my video on the resources, i dont know?  how to do this ??!! pls guys guide me on this!!!!


Thanks 

Shyam 



Pankaj pant wrote:

shyam sundar wrote:

Hi Guys, 

   I have doubt that,

   1)  is it possible creating a webscreen with the complete background should be .mp4 video playing ?

   2)  Can we save the video file to entity and retrieve it to some other screen?


Thanks 

Shyam

Yes, it's possible. have created a similar kind of component that how to add video as a background.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/4267/a-hero-panel-with-video-background/?Unfollow=False


Regards,

Pankaj Pant


Hi Pankaj , 


:)Thank you for this good idea but it is asking for the "FullScreen_AjaxWait" plugin, when i try to search in the forge it is not existed, instead there is " FullScreenFeedBackAjax" plugin is there. i'm still having a challenge...


Thanks 

Shyam


are you able to download it?

or you have some dependency issue while downloading?


BR

PP

Pankaj pant wrote:

are you able to download it?

or you have some dependency issue while downloading?


BR

PP

Yes pankaj, 

      I've a dependencies issues in downloading "FullScreen_AjaxWait".


Thanks

Shyam


As fullscreen_AjaxWait is not the part of full-page video plugin.

Maybe by mistake, I have added that.

Give me some time so I can get you a new version of this component.


Regards,

Pankaj Pant

HI,


 PFA OML

Pankaj pant wrote:

HI,


 PFA OML


Hi Pankaj,

   Thanks for the oml, I copied the same in my web app but while publishing it. it is asking for the "FullScreen_AjaxWait" Plugin,


Thanks

 Shyam 



Hi Shyam,


OML provided by Pankaj worked for me. 

If you are facing issue with OML, Instead of using the same OML you can also use Video Control of Silk UI.


Hope this helps.


Thanks

Atul

Solution

Hi Shyam,


in the layout can you please delete the last block? i.e ajax feedback.

once you delete it it will not ask for dependency.

Regards,

Pankaj

Solution

Hi pankaj , 

Thank you for sparing the time for me and help me out, its working great..thanks again



Thanks 

shyam