Custom session timeout message in an application that uses web seal

Custom session timeout message in an application that uses web seal

Hi,

I work for an application that uses webSEAL for the login screen and session timeout. The usual login page provided by the OutSystems is not used in this application. 

On top of the OutSystems application is the webSEAL. First WebsEAL will have ability to check if timeout has occured before Outsystems application will have ability to determine that. Upon session timeout, this webSEAL will redirect to the login screen.

My question is that , I need to display a custom session timeout message on session timeout of the application. Is this possible to achieve this using OutSystems where webSEAL is being used in the application?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Keerthana.

If you know your session timeout, you can handle it with javascript.

Take a look at this component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1880/session-expire-warning/

Hi Joao,

Thanks for the reply!

I have already tried this component of yours in my personal environment application and it did work fine. But what I need to know is that , Is it possible to achieve this session timeout message display when the webSEAL is used?

The webSEAL session timeout is 20mins and our OutSystems application timeout is also 20mins.

You just need to add the Session Warning webblock to your Footer, using 1200 (20 * 60) as parameter.

It will make all your pages (that use the common Footer) display the session timeout message when it's coming close to the 20 minutes.

João Melo wrote:

You just need to add the Session Warning webblock to your Footer, using 1200 (20 * 60) as parameter.

It will make all your pages (that use the common Footer) display the session timeout message when it's coming close to the 20 minutes.

Thank you, I will try this.