Monolithic ui module - Mobile

Hi guys! I've been trying to understand what should be the "correct" architecture to avoid monolithic ui module in mobile through this video but there is something I can't understand.

By that, do they mean to have empty screens in one module and just load the blocks from another module with the use case and logic implemented?

Solution

Hi Mikael,

I just took a look at that video, and what they suggest is to have the Module containing the Screens contain relatively "empty" Screens, i.e. Screens that contain Blocks containing all UI elements and Logic (and probably some glue logic). If that's what you mean too, then yes :).

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Mikael,

I just took a look at that video, and what they suggest is to have the Module containing the Screens contain relatively "empty" Screens, i.e. Screens that contain Blocks containing all UI elements and Logic (and probably some glue logic). If that's what you mean too, then yes :).

Hi Kilian, 

And what do you think of that? I haven't seen any project like that yet and I'm a bit skeptical about it. The espace with empty screens is the only one referencing the theme, so I will be developing the blocks without the help of any style? I've tried that and it's not practical at all, even for maintaining. 

Hi Mikael,

What would prevent you from referencing a Theme in the "Block Module"?

I didn't understand that those were also referencing it from the diagram. Now it makes sense. 

Thanks Kilian!

You're welcome :). Happy coding!