Read date format in excel as text

Hi All,

I want to read a cell in excel with a date of type date. But Outsystems is getting a number out of this cell (number of days since nulldate). However I want to read it as a text/string.

Is there any way this cell can be read as text instead of date?

Thank you

Best regards

--------------------------------------

EDIT

--------------------------------------

I should mention that the excel file doesn't have the column headers in the 1st row but in the 10th.

Also the file is not a file I can access and/or change. It's a file the user is going to manually import.

Hi,

You are converting the excel to a structure. On the structure that field has the correct type? which one is it? And the format on the excel which one is it?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi,

In excel date column you can you single quote ', so excel cell consider as text field

In excel single quote for DOB,

In outsystems when you export excel in Entity, it consider as Text, and it import all date as text field

Thanks,

Balu

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

You are converting the excel to a structure. On the structure that field has the correct type? which one is it? And the format on the excel which one is it?

Regards,

Marcelo

ExcelSheetRow is a record consisting of text fields. When I debug the process (built-in function "ReadCellValue") it returns this number instead of the text in the Excel field which is:

Also @Balu I cannot change what is inside the excel file. It must be read without touching the file.

Hi,

Try to change the date of ExcelSheetRow from text to date

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

Try to change the date of ExcelSheetRow from text to date

Regards,

Marcelo

The cell value remains the same..it's still the number of days. :(

Hi,

Can you do one more thing, create new entity and date column with Text data type in outsystems, and try to import data from excel, so it will take the date from excel and insert as text datatype in Outsystems Entity,

Thanks,

Balu

Hi,

In attachment you have a small example of that working. Check how I did it. If even than no break through share what you have till now.

Regards,

Marcelo

Balu wrote:

Hi,

Can you do one more thing, create new entity and date column with Text data type in outsystems, and try to import data from excel, so it will take the date from excel and insert as text datatype in Outsystems Entity,

Thanks,

Balu

You lost me there, do you mean bootstrap the data? Or assign the cell values to the attributes of the entity?

i told you an example, to see how it works, ok no problem, the concept is, in the destination table, with column you want to insert date as text, that field change the datatype from date to text, after publish eSpace,and do the insert.

Thanks,

Balu