Can I show list of record in Hierarchy in Accordion?

Can I show list of record in Hierarchy in Accordion?

Hi,

I want to show a list of records in the Accordion, like Parent record on the Title and its related child records Content section.

Parent Rec

Child Rec

Child Rec

Child Rec

I'm new to OutSystem. can someone help me with some suggestion?

Thanks,

Abhay

Abhay Verma wrote:

Hi,

I want to show a list of records in the Accordion, like Parent record on the Title and its related child records Content section.

Parent Rec

Child Rec

Child Rec

Child Rec

I'm new to OutSystem. can someone help me with some suggestion?

Thanks,

Abhay

Hi Abhay,

what you asked is already here, its the same,

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/40028/show-the-list-inside-the-nested-according/

Thanks,

Balu

Hi Abhay,

It is better to use webblocks in this scenario. See Example below.

1. Create a webscreen and use list record widget to render parent list and pass the parent Id to AccordionWebblock:

2. In Accordion weblbock use below structure to get child records for corresponding parentId and use according pattern to display parent name as title and child records are accordion items.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Atul Patel

Atul Patel wrote:

Hi Abhay,

It is better to use webblocks in this scenario. See Example below.

1. Create a webscreen and use list record widget to render parent list and pass the parent Id to AccordionWebblock:

2. In Accordion weblbock use below structure to get child records for corresponding parentId and use according pattern to display parent name as title and child records are accordion items.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Atul Patel

Hi Atul,

I can't find them 

List record as of your in my Insert Widget, as well as, I was not able to get UIFlow1\AccordionWebBlock as you have in your screenshot.

Thanks,

Abhay 

Hi Abhay,

I have just renamed ListRecord Widget as ParentList for convenience and AccordionWebBlock is the name I have given to the webblock, so you will not find them if you are searching with same name.

You can give any other name to your listrecord and webblock.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Atul

Atul Patel wrote:

Hi Abhay,

I have just renamed ListRecord Widget as ParentList for convenience and AccordionWebBlock is the name I have given to the webblock, so you will not find them if you are searching with same name.

You can give any other name to your listrecord and webblock.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Atul

Hi Atul, 

I was able to show the Child records. :)

Will this be possible if I can show Sub Child Records. Like when I click on the Accordion Button I should be a to see Child Records and then on the Child record when I click on the Accordion button it will show me its related Sub Child records.

Parent 

Child1

SubChild (List of records)

Child2

SubChild (List of records)

Thanks,

Abhay

Hi Abhay,

Yes you can do that as well, you just have to introduce one more webblock to show subchilds as you did for child.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Atul