How was your first time with OutSystems?

How was your first time with OutSystems?

We've just published a very condensed timeline of the evolution of the platform over the last 17 years

A lot of people have joined recently, others have been with OutSystems for a while. 

Do you remember at which version have you met the platform for the first time? What were your initial impressions? 

Hi,

I was started in Outsystems Platform since version 6, before i am was working .Net language.

And my first experience with Outsystems Platform is simply great, i am inspired with speed in development and performance, that makes me to change my profession to Outsystems.

Thanks,

Balu

Hello

I was started in Outsystems Platform since version 9,with a small contact with version 8.

I keep following all the innovations of the version 10.

Regards 

Started with 8.

overall experience is awesome!

Forced by my boss to start with Outsystems. I was very very sceptical on low-code platforms back in the day.

We got our bootcamp in 4.2(?) by the famous Mario Araujo.

Never looked back since :D

I started with plateform 9

I have awesome experience with Outsystem initially due to it's development speed and performance

In Simple words,

Before using outsystems, I don't think I have the ability to create an app within some minutes.

after using the outsystems, I have created a news app, It took me a total of 4-5 hours only.

My App (Newble)

Simply great and awesome, My carrier in the IT industry also emerging well.

I still remember when you had to manually verify each module *before* Service Center would let you publish them.

And I also remember how long it took to do that, on a large eSpace, it could easily take 10, 15 minutes. And how often Service Center simply gave up on that and crashed.
I also may have come up with the bane of all OutSystems developers before version 8, the USER_MASTER table.
Sorry about that!
In my defense, it was custom made for a client, and I never thought anyone would take that idea and run with it.

I started at 9 then now 10. Using Outsystems your productivity level is over 9000.

Carlos Ribeiro da Fonseca wrote:

I still remember when you had to manually verify each module *before* Service Center would let you publish them.

And I also remember how long it took to do that, on a large eSpace, it could easily take 10, 15 minutes. And how often Service Center simply gave up on that and crashed.
I also may have come up with the bane of all OutSystems developers before version 8, the USER_MASTER table.
Sorry about that!
In my defense, it was custom made for a client, and I never thought anyone would take that idea and run with it.

Yup, the first versions were rougher, I would love to hear more stories. I really admire the people who could see the potential (and figure out creative solutions for the shortcomings) from the start.

And it's very cool to see the people with more years of experience in OutSystems being welcoming to everyone that has joined more recently, sharing their enthusiasm.

Hi,

I have started my journey with version 8 till now. I was simply impressed with the development speed, true engine validation and features provided by it. Always waiting for their new features and version.

One word Stupendous. 

Hello everyone,

Started half a year ago, because of my work. Was little bit skeptical about it at first, cause a lot of low-code systems have numerous amount of limitations. But haven't found any in here yet. Except the ones that are related to design and javascript.

For me Outsystems is Marvelous.

I found out about Outsystems researching for my University thesis about Software Factories in 2006 or 2007 (version 4) .

Was comparing the features in several technologies. 

Outsystems was WAY better than all the others and I turned the thesis to just talk about Outsystems and nothing else.

The 3 theachers of the jury didn't believe me when I said we could build a web application with NO CODE.

I had to show it working...and still remember the amazed look in their eyes!

I made my mind to work with Outsystems, made all the online courses, started sending CVs and got my first job in December 2007.

And the rest...is history...with "the IDE of my dreams".

We started using OutSystems version 5 as a replacement for Lotus Notes. We are now moving forward to also migrate our existing java applications. 

So, I found it

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArZiyD6ZK_Dd4Ywo07hjzSl6Y0FhQQ

It's not really the first version of the UserManagement eSpace, but this is the oldest one I have where you'll find the USER_MASTER table.

There's also this one:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArZiyD6ZK_Dd4P1qqDgdeVJpAORWww

which is even older, and the table has a different name.

Oh, by the way, you'll need Service Studio 3.0.5.26 to open those (but I think any version in the 8.0 family also works)