Can't copy/paste API URL when trying to consume a REST API.

Can't copy/paste API URL when trying to consume a REST API.

Hello,
I am following this documentation:
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Extensibility_and_Integration/REST/Consume_REST_APIs/Consume_a_REST_API to consume a REST API but I can't seem paste the URL for my API in the text field. It just won't allow me to right click or ctrl-v. Am I missing something?
I know it's a minor thing but my API URL is rather large and found it odd that I couldn't paste in the text field for the API URL.
Any insights? Thank you so much for your help!

Hi Bryan Royalty,

Its working fine for me (SS Version:- 10.0.830.0). Could you please elaborate your issue with screen shot or some other information.

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Bryan,

I believe you cannot right-click in the url textbox, only ctrl-v will only work, and can you verify, do you copy the url properly, paste only work in textbox if text in  the clipboard.

And this is issue you reporting nothing related with Outsystems, its normal textbox, can you try again, still have issue send printscreen.

Thanks,

Balu

Balu wrote:

Hi Bryan,

I believe you cannot right-click in the url textbox, only ctrl-v will only work, and can you verify, do you copy the url properly, paste only work in textbox if text in  the clipboard.

And this is issue you reporting nothing related with Outsystems, its normal textbox, can you try again, still have issue send printscreen.

Thanks,

Balu

Hello, thank you everyone for your help.
I am still having this issues, however I found that it is only happening on MacOS, windows works just fine.
I am using Mac OS High Sierra and OutSystems ServiceStudio 10.0.827.101.
I know I am copying/pasting correctly as it works in regular text fields and notepad, just wont allow it in the 'Consume API window'.
Please see my screenshot:

Hi Bryan,

There's no Service Studio for macOS, you must be using the "limited web beta" available on your https://www.outsystems.com/home. This uses RDP to allow you to connect to a remote Windows server that runs Service Studio for you, so it is possible what you are experiencing is a side-effect of the technology being used.

I'd advise against using this "Limited web beta" version of Service Studio for anything relevant, everyone I know that uses a Mac (and there are many) uses a Windows VM to run Service Studio.

Solution

Thanks everyone!
I am using the "Technical Preview for Mac" which apparently has issues copying/pasting. I will remote into my Windows machine when working in OutSystems for now.
Thanks again.

Solution

Hi Bryan: just sharing the with the Studio for Mac Tech. Preview for O11, the copy/paste issues should be resolved. Please give it a shot and share any feedback:

Andy Pemberton wrote:

Hi Bryan: just sharing the with the Studio for Mac Tech. Preview for O11, the copy/paste issues should be resolved. Please give it a shot and share any feedback:

Thank you for the heads up! I have installed 11 now but guess I have to wait for my platform to be updated, which is scheduled at 1/18/2018... that can't be right. :)
I get this error: 

On my Platform tab on the website, I have this info:

Not sure how to proceed. I'm excited for Service Studio 11 though. 

@Bryan - FYI - the tech preview of studio for mac is only available for OS11 as of now, so you'll need to wait for your upgrade. You should be able to request an earlier upgrade.

Andy Pemberton wrote:

@Bryan - FYI - the tech preview of studio for mac is only available for OS11 as of now, so you'll need to wait for your upgrade. You should be able to request an earlier upgrade.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand you. OutSystems 11 is available, right?. You say above that the tech preview of studio for mac is only available on OS11 (OutSystems11?). Earlier upgrade? I apologize if I am not understand the terminology. Can you please clarify? Thank you for your time and expertise! 

Sure; sorry to be cryptic, Bryan!

• OutSystems Service Studio 11 matches with OutSystems Platform 11
  • OutSystems Service Studio 10 matches with OutSystems Platform 10
  • The Tech Preview of OutSystems Service Studio for Mac is only available for version 11
  • As for the earlier upgrade, I'm not an expert here so you may want to contact our support about the upgrade timing / request process: https://success.outsystems.com/Support

Hope this helps!