Icon list as dropdown

Icon list as dropdown

Is there a way to display the icon list in a combo box showing the icon image and name?

Hi Romuel,

I don't think there is, assuming you mean the RichWidget's "IconName" Static Entity only contains the FontAwesome class name, which allows you to display the icon, but there's no place to get the name from.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Romuel,

I don't think there is, assuming you mean the RichWidget's "IconName" Static Entity only contains the FontAwesome class name, which allows you to display the icon, but there's no place to get the name from.

Thanks, Kilian.

You may have separated table where saved icons and names and use it within your combo box 

But how do i display the icon in the combo box.

Romuel,

Are you creating a Web App or a Mobile App? With Mobile it's easy, as iirc the combo box is just a Container to put content in. With Web it may be more difficult - you can't do it out of the box.

Hi Kilian,

It's a web app.

You may look at this

Thanks, will check this out.

The is a solution

So if you are creating a WEB app, instead of using a combo box you need to use the "Inline dropdown" widget. Inside of it use "Table list" widget and the name and icons(binary data type I think) attributes of Icons table. For getting the needed parameters you have to use some screen actions.

Thanks, Stepan. Will try this as well.

Romuel Pascua wrote: Or do like this. I used the IconName default table.

Thanks, Stepan. Will try this as well.