Timer running for more than the set timeout.

Timer running for more than the set timeout.

I have set the timeout for a timer as 65 min. But even then the Timer is running for more than 65 mins and error getting logged in Service Center. How is it possible? Please find the screenshot below

Ananth wrote:

I have set the timeout for a timer as 65 min. But even then the Timer is running for more than 65 mins and error getting logged in Service Center. How is it possible? Please find the screenshot below

I don't know if I understood well what you have said but if your timer is running more than 65 min I believe that Is normal because you have reached your threshold, this link may help you out https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Use_Timers

Hi,

Even if by mistake of service center it states that the timer is running it isn't. If you run it again you will see that he starts. Didn't the timer finish with an error? You can check it on service center > monitoring >timers

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

Even if by mistake of service center it states that the timer is running it isn't. If you run it again you will see that he starts. Didn't the timer finish with an error? You can check it on service center > monitoring >timers

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcela,

When I checked the Timers log, I don't see it was not running for more than 65 mins. 

In the errors log only, it is showing as if it is running for more than 65 mins. This is weird. Any reason for this?

Hi Ananth,

Just to make sure I understand your question: you have a timeout set for a timer at 65 minutes, but it isn't aborted after 65 minutes but keeps running? Is that what you're saying? I must admit I've never seen that specific error.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ananth,

Just to make sure I understand your question: you have a timeout set for a timer at 65 minutes, but it isn't aborted after 65 minutes but keeps running? Is that what you're saying? I must admit I've never seen that specific error.

Yes exactly. that's what I said..

And I could see some difference between Errors log and Timers log. 

When I checked Timers log, it says the Timer didn't run more than 65 minutes.

But in Errors log, it says running for 78 minutes ( more than 65 minute timeOut).

You don't have the error in the logging that indicates the timer was killed? ("Timer XXXX error (inside action 'XXXX'). Timer duration = 999 secs:Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.")

That usually means that the IIS/Jboss instance running the timer was reset while the timer was running. That stops it from recording a stop timestamp or that it is done or failed, so to Service Center, it looks like the timer is still running.

J.Ja