Server action message timing

Server action message timing

Hi everyone!

In one of my client server action flows I am using the 'Message' widget. It works well, the message slides down from the top and alerts the user something like, "Correct! Good Job!". But the message is showing for too long, I'd like to decrease the amount of time the message shows. I can't find where to do that. The message widget only appears to have 3 properties: "Label", "Message" & "Type". Is there a low-code way to do this, or do I have to insert some custom code? 

Any suggestions / advice?
Thanks!

Hi Bryan,

Check this component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1079/feedbackmessage/

You can use it or check how it does.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thank you Marcelo!
I am running into an issue trying to add it to my app. It won't allow me to check the UIFlow portion when adding the dependency. I can check(select) the server action and entities folders, but not the UI Flows.
See screenshot:

Also, when I search and find "FeedbackMessage++" in the forge, it does not give me the option to 'Install", it says, "Open Module". It just opens the FeedbackMessage component in Service Studio. Also, I can't see it in my list of installed component on the "Applications in development" screen.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Hi Bryan,

I tried myself to download the component and use it and I didn't had any problem. Try to delete the oml and publish it again. To be honest I don't know why that is happening. Maybe you can raise a question on the component support.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Bryan,

I tried myself to download the component and use it and I didn't had any problem. Try to delete the oml and publish it again. To be honest I don't know why that is happening. Maybe you can raise a question on the component support.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thank you!
I will look into how to delete the OML and try it again. 

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Bryan,

Regards,

Marcelo

Hey Marcelo... Is there a possibility that the FeedbackMessage++ is only for Web, not Mobile? I am working on a Mobile app. I think that is the issue. So, I don't think I can use this component.
Any other suggestions on changing the timing of the Feedback messages on Mobile? They just display for too long and need to be slightly tweaked, should be a simple update yeah?

Thanks for your time and help!

Solution

Hi Bryan,

Didn't notice you were working in mobile. If that is the case you can look into this post https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20557/auto-closing-feedback-messages-on-mobile-devices/

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Bryan,

Didn't notice you were working in mobile. If that is the case you can look into this post https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20557/auto-closing-feedback-messages-on-mobile-devices/

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks Marcelo,
I followed that link and followed along, but am getting stuck at the OnReady on the Header web block. He says there is a Header web block included in every screen... I'm not seeing that. In my HomeScreen Common/Layout, I have Header Left, Title, HeaderRight, HeaderContent, Content & Bottom. I'm not seeing the Header WebBlock. Maybe the thread is old? Or I'm not using the correct template or something?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Bryan,

Header was his example. Maybe you don't have header but you should have other element that is present everywhere. You can use that one.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Bryan,

Header was his example. Maybe you don't have header but you should have other element that is present everywhere. You can use that one.

Regards,

Marcelo

Great! That finally worked for me. It didn't seem to work they way he set his up, so I just created a Client action with a JS code widget included and named it "CloseFeedbackMessage". Then I double clicked the button and dragged a Message widget onto the flow, then added the "CloseFeedbackMessage" action I just created.
It's Start > Message widget > CloseFeedbackMessage Action > End. It also works if I just place a JS Code widget after my Message. Start > Message widget > JS code widget > End.
I guess having the client server action already created and ready could be used for when it's needed in multiple areas.
Thanks!