Outsystems 11 -- New release

Outsystems 11 -- New release

https://www.outsystems.com/whats-new/

Share you feedback regarding new versions

I'm super excited to combine microservices with domain driven design!  And the screen templates are great!

Great improvements:

- 64 bit service studio

- Service Applications, Modules, and actions

- disable actions

- inline record definitions

- screen templates

- order filters

many more... can't wait and try it out.

On the back end platform

- RabbitMQ

- Docker

- Cloud Foundry

- Only delta when 1-click Publish

- ListDistinct

and many more

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Release_Notes/11/Platform_Server/Platform_Server_Release_Sep.2018

And Lowcode microservices -> Service Actions

I am super excited about this.
Development Environment 11 for Mac - Technical Preview

Exciting stuff! However, will we be able to run version 10 and 11 parallel on our computers? 

When working on multiple projects for multiple clients, this will be a definite requirement as not all customers upgrade to the latest platform server at the same time, or at all.

Palak Patel wrote:

Right, we all are waiting for this from a long time.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Great improvements:

- 64 bit service studio

- Service Applications, Modules, and actions

- disable actions

- inline record definitions

- screen templates

- order filters

many more... can't wait and try it out.

Feel same..

Hanno wrote:

Exciting stuff! However, will we be able to run version 10 and 11 parallel on our computers? 

When working on multiple projects for multiple clients, this will be a definite requirement as not all customers upgrade to the latest platform server at the same time, or at all.

And no more Java stack option on P11? :(

Eric Halim wrote:

Hanno wrote:

And no more Java stack option on P11? :(

As far as I know, there where to few customers using Java stack to justify further development on it as well as stability issues. For a while it was already not advertised to promote the possibility to se the Java stack.

How would this affect one when writing the certification exam on version  10 tomorrow for web with release 11 that is out now with a lot off changes from the version 10. 

Neville Campher wrote:

How would this affect one when writing the certification exam on version  10 tomorrow for web with release 11 that is out now with a lot off changes from the version 10. 

Yes when you were certified on P10 now you must "upgrade" your certification too...

So that means if I right tomorrow my exam and pass it, I will need to do then 11 as well. Would it not then be better to right on 11 when it comes out 

Neville, your P10 certification would still be valid. And it might be a while before the P11 certifications/exams are available.

Neville Campher wrote:

So that means if I right tomorrow my exam and pass it, I will need to do then 11 as well. Would it not then be better to right on 11 when it comes out 

Yes that's correct but still ok to do P10 certification too.....then you can upgrade your certification each time platform version comes out. Or even not. That's also ok let's say you then take P12 certification and skip P11 certification.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/OutSystems_Support/What%E2%80%99s_new_in_the_OutSystems_Certification_Program

Another big Step.! :)

Palak Patel wrote:

.. I used to use MBP on on my old job and now having Windows 10 .. so don't say. Can you link to this article?

Sampsa Sohlman wrote:

Palak Patel wrote:

.. I used to use MBP on on my old job and now having Windows 10 .. so don't say. Can you link to this article?

https://www.outsystems.com/home/downloadsdetail/110/2112/

Neville Campher wrote:

All certifications as of P10 stay valid forever, they just state that it was achieved with version P10.

One of the most exciting features: Web Blocks with Events, like on Mobile. And of course the ability to specify Structure Attributes where the Structures occur as Parameters.

Can't wait now for my PE to be upgraded so that I can see this in action!!

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

One of the most exciting features: Web Blocks with Events, like on Mobile. And of course the ability to specify Structure Attributes where the Structures occur as Parameters.

This is really nice features.

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

This is really nice features.

I want try this!!

I was also waiting for OutSystems to give us a solution, so that I can use it in my MacBook.

Waiting to install OutSystems 11.

Hanno wrote:

Yes you can run both v10 and v11 in your development computer

Outsystems 11 really has list of good features, What is most attract to me is Inline records, disable elements & Folder every where and so on. 

I m really exited and looking forward to work on it soon.

Thanks 

Sachin

Hey Sachin,

Thanks a lot for your kind words :)

Use those features and let us know what you think!

Cheers

Web blocks with parameters and events is a really exciting feature! It was kinda painful to go back to web development after getting used to having this feature in Mobile.

Hanno wrote:

Sampsa Sohlman wrote:

Palak Patel wrote:

https://www.outsystems.com/home/downloadsdetail/110/2112/

Ok, I did try it this morning. It seems that you can work with it, but if you would work with OutSystems primarly I would not use Mac.

Well, I wouldn't use a Mac if my life depended on it :). I mean, unless you're a true Apple fanboy, you can't deny their latest offerings are lacking and falling behind of similar (or less) priced machines from Dell etc.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, I wouldn't use a Mac if my life depended on it :). I mean, unless you're a true Apple fanboy, you can't deny their latest offerings are lacking and falling behind of similar (or less) priced machines from Dell etc.

I have a Dell now and similar spec mac is more expensive. Only thing about this Dell is that it is not so stable as Mac, but I do like a lot Windows 10 UX experience after Mac. Linux subsystem also gives nicely Unix tools if you need those.

I love the Web Blocks with Events but I'm missing something similar for popup windows. Should we continue to use the (now deprecated) NotifyGetMessage in the screen that created the popup after using Popup_Editor_Notify and Popup_Editor_Close in the popup?

Marcos Galigarcia wrote:

I love the Web Blocks with Events but I'm missing something similar for popup windows. Should we continue to use the (now deprecated) NotifyGetMessage in the screen that created the popup after using Popup_Editor_Notify and Popup_Editor_Close in the popup?

Hi Marcos,

Regarding Popup_Editor_Notify and Popup_Editor_Close, only the first action is using the method NotifyWidget. This means that you still have to use the NotifyGetMessage. We will consider to update the Popup_Editor_Notify action in order to work with block events, thank you for the heads up!

Keep sharing your feedback and let us know if you have further questions :)

Cheers,

Sara Gonçalves