Not able to generate new build

Not able to generate new build

While developing my mobile application, I faced this issue twice. When I have added 2-3 plugin dependencies at once, I cannot generated new build for android as the environment already shows that build is in progress. This takes a long time to stop.

Below image can give you an idea what the issue is.

Hello Vikash,

Do you have errors while generating the app or it just takes too long? If you have errors, please take a look - and share, if you want - the generation log available at Service Center (Applications -> Your Application -> Native Platforms -> download generation log icon).

You'll have the generation report with the error, which should help you identify the issue.

Happy (low)coding!

Hello Armando,

I am facing similar issues as well and documented a close to empty application that will not generate. Like Vikash, my Android (as well as iOS) application displays the same “Preparing to Generate” message. 

When looking at the Application Testing page in the Service Center, the generation logs are unavailable and have a moving loading icon instead:

I tried to Publish the application through this screen, and it appears that the application stops at step # 15, given that the Android/iOS apps have not been generated:

Lastly, I checked my Environment Health tab. The Yellow Icon indicates that the Deploy Controller has been in “Initializing” status for approximately 38 hours and there are 74 Queued Activity Instances. All other timers below also have a Yellow Icon after the Next Run section indicating that the timer should have started 300 seconds ago:

Armando, any idea on where the issue is? I am working in OutSystems 11 at the moment

Vikash- any updates on your build?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello Giovanni,

Unfortunately, no. I can't really help more at the moment. My suggestion is to try and sort out the services first and try to do the build again. Doesn't seem to be related - at least since the MABS seems to be fine - but we never know.

Regarding the services, my suggestion is that you open a support ticket with OutSystems assuming you're using the Personal Edition so they can restart the services. Please note that this type of support is provided without any SLA. If it's a on-premises/cloud installation, you should be able to restart the services by yourself.

Cheers

Giovanni Perez wrote:

Hello Armando,

I am facing similar issues as well and documented a close to empty application that will not generate. Like Vikash, my Android (as well as iOS) application displays the same “Preparing to Generate” message. 

When looking at the Application Testing page in the Service Center, the generation logs are unavailable and have a moving loading icon instead:

I tried to Publish the application through this screen, and it appears that the application stops at step # 15, given that the Android/iOS apps have not been generated:

Lastly, I checked my Environment Health tab. The Yellow Icon indicates that the Deploy Controller has been in “Initializing” status for approximately 38 hours and there are 74 Queued Activity Instances. All other timers below also have a Yellow Icon after the Next Run section indicating that the timer should have started 300 seconds ago:

Armando, any idea on where the issue is? I am working in OutSystems 11 at the moment

Vikash- any updates on your build?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello Giovanni Perez,

I successfully generated the new build. The issue, in my case, was with the Application Resources. I had imported a zip file as resources and had accessed the splash with wrong path from the resources file. 

Although I had to wait for the automatic loading of the "Preparing to generate...." to stop. But once it stopped I rechecked the json structure used to access resources.

After fixing the path used for splash image, I was able to generate a new build. I would suggest you to check your application configuration json if it has valid paths or not.

Happy to help.

Thanks and all the best