No Data to show in App

No Data to show in App

I have created an app in Dev and it's working fine. I have deployed that app to UAT environment using LifeTime server but for some reason Data doesn't  display.

Hi Bader,

The environment you are deployed, you dont have data, like

1) You developed app in dev, and all the entities created in sql based on dev environment,

2) After you deployed to other environment (UAT), it creates new tables for the UAT environment.

3) Lifetime pass only your applications/modules, not your data,

4) What you need is to import data from dev to UAT.

Thanks,

Balu

Hi Bader,

When you deploy to other environment, data is not pushed from lifetime. YOU NEED to create fresh data.

Thanks,

Rajat

Balu wrote:

Hi Bader,

The environment you are deployed, you dont have data, like

1) You developed app in dev, and all the entities created in sql based on dev environment,

2) After you deployed to other environment (UAT), it creates new tables for the UAT environment.

3) Lifetime pass only your applications/modules, not your data,

4) What you need is to import data from dev to UAT.

Thanks,

Balu

Hi Balu,

Thanks for your reply. I created a test app to show employee info which reads from excel file. When I deploy test app to UAT, data shows there (data copied there no issues). 

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi Bader,

When you deploy to other environment, data is not pushed from lifetime. YOU NEED to create fresh data.

Thanks,

Rajat

Hi Rajat,

When you bootstrap your data, so you still need to fresh data in UAT?

I created test app with bootstrap data with excel and able to see data in UAT.

Bader Cheema wrote:

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi Bader,

Thanks,

Rajat

Hi Rajat,

When you bootstrap your data, so you still need to fresh data in UAT?

I created test app with bootstrap data with excel and able to see data in UAT.

Hi Bader,

If you bootstrap data from excel, then you can see data in other environment because excel is always available in resources.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Can you give me sql query which you are using to fetch data from database, I need to check filters.

Thanks,

Rajat

Hello Bader,

Others already told you, but I'll try to expand the answer a bit.

Can you imagine a development environment full of test data, and when you deploy to a production environment, sending this garbage together? No, right? 

Each environment has its own database.
When you deploy an application from one environment to another, does not matter if you do this through lifetime or downloading and uploading a solution, only the APP is deployed. No data is transfered.

When you create a bootstrap (when you add data from excel to an entity), you are not really "inserting" data directly into the database.

You are storing the XLSX file as a resource in the app, and creating a timer and an action that will read this file and copy data to the database when you publish the application.

As the resoources are sent together with the app when deployed, in the new environment, when the app is published, the code will also read the file and store data in the database of the new environment.

As you can see, no data is copied directly from one database to the other.

Hope this helps you get a better view of what is happening when you deploy an application.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Bader,

Others already told you, but I'll try to expand the answer a bit.

Can you imagine a development environment full of test data, and when you deploy to a production environment, sending this garbage together? No, right? 

Each environment has its own database.
When you deploy an application from one environment to another, does not matter if you do this through lifetime or downloading and uploading a solution, only the APP is deployed. No data is transfered.

When you create a bootstrap (when you add data from excel to an entity), you are not really "inserting" data directly into the database.

You are storing the XLSX file as a resource in the app, and creating a timer and an action that will read this file and copy data to the database when you publish the application.

As the resoources are sent together with the app when deployed, in the new environment, when the app is published, the code will also read the file and store data in the database of the new environment.

As you can see, no data is copied directly from one database to the other.

Hope this helps you get a better view of what is happening when you deploy an application.

Cheers.

Thanks Eduardo. Still when I created a test app with bootstrap it displays data in UAT. Same thing doesn't happens in this app.  

Hello Bader,

So, are you talking about a bootstrap that is not working?

There are two reasons (mainly) for a bootstrap to not work.

1. The timer is deactivated or not schedule (to when publishing). If the timer does not run, the action that will read the ta from the excel will not run, and you will not add the data to the entity. You can check if the timer is scheduled in the tab Process in Service Studio. In the Service Center, you can go to the Module's page, and open the information about the timer to see if it is deactivated.

2. You have something wrong in your bootstrap logic OR in the file (excel) you're using. In this case, open the Service Center and go to Monitoring and than Errors, and check if the timer is raising an exception. In this case, you need to fix the error. Problems in excel file are somewhat common (missing columns, wrong columns names, missing mandatory data, etc).

Hope this can help you find the problem.