Images In Forum Posts

I've noticed a lot of forum posts where people will describe an error message or a layout flow and then another poster will have to ask them for a screenshot to aid them.

It wasn't obvious to me when i started posting that you don't need to attach a file as an image, you can simply paste an image into this reply box. You can use Alt + PrtScr for example, or any other method to copy an image to your clipboard, and them pasting here will upload it for you.

e.g. I have just taken a screenshot of the top menu of this site, and can paste it here simply with Ctrl + V:

Hopefully knowing that multiple images can be inserted quickly and easily will aid posters when asking for help :D

This is indeed the preferred way to include images. Be aware though that you need to set the maximum width in case the image is larger than the width of a post (I personally think that's a bit of a bug of the website), because otherwise only a part of the image is shown (unfortunately this happens a lot).

If copy past image from clipboard it does not get submitted. Only option is to save image and then add it post using image button in toolbar of htmleditor. 

Also image inserted cannot be changed its position. 

Hi Nilesh, I was able to take a copy of your avatar:

and when inserting it I coulds take a screenshot of the options that appear, allowing you to position the image to the left, right or center:

For clarity, I did this with the OneNote screen clipping tool, which copies to the clipboard, and then pressed Ctrl + V in the reply box.

@Nilesh: that's just not true! Copy/pasting an image is easy, see:

(Sorry for my ugly head :)) I copied this image from my avatar on top of the screen. Also, the position of the image can be changed. You can change the alignment (left/center/right):

And you can also specify whether the images are inline (like this:) or not.

Please, don't say stuff that's just blatently false, thanks!

EDIT: Seems Rusell ninja'd me :).

As an addition, this is the menu to use if you want to change inline/break:

I have tried to paste image captured using Snipping tool below one of the point  ,it was pasted but when submitted , it was not visible. 

With this post I have copy pasted image above this line but it is not visible after submit. Can you please try with Image capture taken from Snipping tool also in IE 11 browser.

I have tried with chrome it works but in IE it is not working .

Ok, then it's IEs fault for not handling it correctly. But IE shouldn't be used anyway: use Chrome, Firefox or Edge. Even Microsoft doesn't want you to use IE.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Ok, then it's IEs fault for not handling it correctly. But IE shouldn't be used anyway: use Chrome, Firefox or Edge. Even Microsoft doesn't want you to use IE.

Some of the companies are still on Windows 7 which has IE as default browser.   Interesting to learn about Microsoft comment IE . Thanks for sharing the link .

Solution