Intellectual Property Error

Intellectual Property Error

Hi,

i have to customize an extension given by the client, before opening in Development environment, i  have changed the activation code form IPP, now i am trying the open this extension in the development environment, but it still says the extension has its intellectual property and cannot be opened.

does somebody knows how can i customize this extension.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hi Raj,

Are you sure you follow this for IPP transfer .

Regards

-PJ-

Yes Pramod, I have followed this for IPP.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Did you checked what activation code is now its showing , is it new or the old?

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Raj,

Try to check the destination activation code is correct, and try to do it again, if you still have issue, can you open ticket for outsystems support,

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/OutSystems_Support/01_Contact_OutSystems_technical_support

Thanks,

Balu

Hello Raj, 

I will ask if you followed the following path:

1. Client sent you the app.

2. You passed it through IPP, giving the Activation Code of your environment and uploading the app (OAP).

3. You received an email from OutSystems saying that the change of activation code was successfull, with a link to download the application package with the new AC.

4. You download this NEW package and is trying to install the NEW package.

If you follow this path, you should not have any problem with IPP. If you follow this path and is having problems, you need to talk to the Support.

If you are trying to install the ORIGINAL file, it still contains the OLD Activation Code.

If you are trying to change the Activation Code for a Personal, the IPP will fail, as the IPP do not change the ac from an enterprise to a personal or the contrary.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Raj, 

2. You passed it through IPP, giving the Activation Code of your environment and uploading the app (OAP).

3. You received an email from OutSystems saying that the change of activation code was successfull, with a link to download the application package with the new AC.

If you follow this path, you should not have any problem with IPP. If you follow this path and is having problems, you need to talk to the Support.

If you are trying to install the ORIGINAL file, it still contains the OLD Activation Code.

If you are trying to change the Activation Code for a Personal, the IPP will fail, as the IPP do not change the ac from an enterprise to a personal or the contrary.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

I have followed the same steps except the file type, i am uploading the extension of .xif type.

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

Raj wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Raj, 

Hope this helps you.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

I have followed the same steps except the file type, i am uploading the extension of .xif type.

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

And are you receiving the mail saying that it was successfull, downloading the NEW file and installing the NEW file?

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Raj wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Raj, 

Hope this helps you.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

And are you receiving the mail saying that it was successfull, downloading the NEW file and installing the NEW file?

Yes..

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

Did you checked what activation code is now its showing , is it new or the old?

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod Jain,

I am not able to open this extension, Is there any other way to check the activation code.

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

Raj wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Raj wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Raj, 

Hope this helps you.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

Yes..

By using the same steps i am able to open the other extension, which i got from QA Env.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh