Notify or NotifyGetMessage not present

Notify or NotifyGetMessage not present

Hi there,

Im following the free course Developing OutSystems Web Applications.

And I've come to the chapter where I must create a simple web block.

In my StarClicked screen action I need to inert the Notify action. But it is not known by my version of OutSystems. 

My current version is v11.0.108.0

In the next screenshot you can see that there is simply not a Notify and NotifyGetMessage action present:

Thanks in advance,

Michiel

Solution

Hi Michiel,

Right click on System and choose manage dependencies. You will get a popup where you can manage your references. There you can add those actions.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Michiel,

Right click on System and choose manage dependencies. You will get a popup where you can manage your references. There you can add those actions.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

That did it thank you,

Michiel

Why can't I find mine?

I found Deprecated_Notify and deprecated_NotifyGetMessage. Question is, if these are deprecated, how do we do the notification to the parent in the latest version of OutSystems, since obviously these actions will be disappearing in the near future. Time to update the tutorial?

Gino Van Den Hove wrote:

I found Deprecated_Notify and deprecated_NotifyGetMessage. Question is, if these are deprecated, how do we do the notification to the parent in the latest version of OutSystems, since obviously these actions will be disappearing in the near future. Time to update the tutorial?

You now have the events system in 11. You add events to the webblocks , trigger them with the trigger event action, and you create handlers for those events in the parent.

You can have different handlers for different events and you can send parameters of any type with those events.

Hi Gino,

Notify was used to communicate between widgets and pages. On version 11 you have widget events and you need to use those to handle that communication. You can check this post I did about this subject. 

Regards,

Marcelo