Mult-vendor multi-tiered firewalls

Mult-vendor multi-tiered firewalls

Hello

I am completeing an information security questionnaire for one of our clients.

They have asked if our/your solution are protected by firewalls and whether they are multi-vendor multi-tiered?

Many thanks in advance

regards

Richard

by default outSystems is pretty highly secure, and also gives tips on sql injection, but if you create your own Rest or Soap services be sure to adhere to the security concepts. The firewalls are a webserver thing, that should be done by your web management team, multi vendor/multi tier I don't know

Regards,

Wim

Hi Richard,

OutSystems is committed to continuously improving the security of the applications generated by OutSystems. Therefore, our platform features mechanisms that empower developers to build secure applications with minimal effort.

Outsystem is the Best Low Code Platform to develop large scale enterprise application and thus the security is must to have.

Please see this link for better understanding of the security model offered by Outsystems.

Can you please also let me know what do you mean by  multi-vendor multi-tiered ? If it is about multi-tenancy my answer is yes Outsystems has a great in built feature to support this.

Regards

-PJ-

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

Hi Richard,

OutSystems is committed to continuously improving the security of the applications generated by OutSystems. Therefore, our platform features mechanisms that empower developers to build secure applications with minimal effort.

Outsystem is the Best Low Code Platform to develop large scale enterprise application and thus the security is must to have.

Please see this link for better understanding of the security model offered by Outsystems.

Can you please also let me know what do you mean by  multi-vendor multi-tiered ? If it is about multi-tenancy my answer is yes Outsystems has a great in built feature to support this.

Regards

-PJ-

Hey PJ,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess the question is do outsystems/AWS incorporte different manufactuers of several firewalls in a multi layed secure approach.

kind regards

Richard

HI Rechard,

Check this OutSystems Cloud Security and Privacy . I am not sure if this gives you the answer or not but still you can have a look in it.

Regards

-PJ-

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

HI Rechard,

Check this OutSystems Cloud Security and Privacy . I am not sure if this gives you the answer or not but still you can have a look in it.

Regards

-PJ-

Thanks PJ

Solution

For anyone else who may have a similar question, Ive had confirmation from the engineering team, who have replied with the below. Thanks for everyones help.

OutSystems relies on a single vendor service (AWS VPC) to provide multi-tier firewall /With Security Groups). OutSystems Cloud uses AWS Security Groups acting as firewalls, to control which traffic is allowed between the customer environments and the internet. Firewall (AWS Security Groups) rules are implemented and enforced automatically and any unauthorized manipulation is treated as a potential security incident. Additionally, OutSystems Sentry includes the deployment of Trend Micro Deep Security anti-virus and intrusion detection software on all OutSystems Cloud servers.

Solution