Filter table without triggering preparation

Filter table without triggering preparation

Hi,

Working on web application were the homepage has tabs that display "Home", "My Requests" and "Guidelines". When the user opens the page they are placed in the "Home" tab, If they switch over to the "My Requests" tab, they can see a display off all their requests in a table (aggregate is run during screen preparation).

I want to place a drop down menu filter on this requests table so the user can filter of requests that either pending, approved or declined. However every time that the filter button is clicked to refresh the table the screen preparation is run again to update the aggregate to only show the requests the meet the new filter. This then reloads the page and places the user on the home tab again which is not ideal. 

(Note that the filter has worked but the user has just been moved off the "My Requests" tab).

How can I get the filter to update the table without doing the complete preparation again?

Thanks 

Peter

Hi Peter,

You should change the on click method to Ajax Refresh.

Don't forget to use the Ajax Refresh widget to refresh the table and other info you want to refresh.

Hope it helped.

Solution

Peter Travers wrote:

Hi,

Working on web application were the homepage has tabs that display "Home", "My Requests" and "Guidelines". When the user opens the page they are placed in the "Home" tab, If they switch over to the "My Requests" tab, they can see a display off all their requests in a table (aggregate is run during screen preparation).

I want to place a drop down menu filter on this requests table so the user can filter of requests that either pending, approved or declined. However every time that the filter button is clicked to refresh the table the screen preparation is run again to update the aggregate to only show the requests the meet the new filter. This then reloads the page and places the user on the home tab again which is not ideal. 

(Note that the filter has worked but the user has just been moved off the "My Requests" tab).

How can I get the filter to update the table without doing the complete preparation again?

Thanks 

Peter

Hi Peter,

The button you are using to apply the filter is likely using Submit instead of Ajax Submit. When this is the case, the preparation runs after clicking the button. Another possibility is that you are using Ajax but using Ajax Refresh on all the tabs instead of only the table you want to filter.

To prevent this, set the button as Ajax Submit and, in the button's action, apply the filter, refresh the query in the preparation and then use an Ajax Refresh only on the table with the data you want to filter.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

João Mateus

Solution

Thanks for your help.

Its working as its is meant to now.