[Silk UI Web] Silk UI Web - Uploading Application To Forge

[Silk UI Web] Silk UI Web - Uploading Application To Forge

Forge Component
(71)
Published on 4 Oct by OutSystems R&D
71 votes
Published on 4 Oct by OutSystems R&D

I attempted to update a small component I have on the Forge after republishing under OutSystems 11. It has dependencies in Silk UI Web. I'm told I no longer have permission to update my component on the Forge due to this dependency. Am I missing something? 

Solution

Hello Daryl,

On your OutSystems 11 server,  do you have the latest version of Silk UI Web from Forge?, or did you upgrade the one you had from OutSystems 10? 

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Solution

Hi Samuel,

I was able to successfully upload the app to the Forge. Before posting this, I had already tried multiple times to download the OutSystems 11 version. Out of habit, I always select the option to install without downloading the .OAP. Seems like you cannot do that with OutSystems 11 downloads yet? It updated properly when I elected to download and install the .OAP. Thanks for your help! I probably wouldn't have thought on my own that the manual option would be the answer.

Thanks again!!   

Daryl

Hello Daryl,

First of all, I'm glad that you solved your issue, but to be honest, I'm not sure how :)

You can install versions automatically from Forge without having to download the OAP file, even in OutSystems 11.

If I had to guess, I would say you upgraded your server from OutSystems 10, and you hadn't get the new version of Silk UI Web for OutSystems 11 from Forge. By doing this, you were now depending on a "custom" version of Silk that does not exist on Forge, and that you have no permissions to upload.

By installing the latest one from Forge (and refreshing references) you are now aligned with the version available on Forge, and ready to publish to Forge again :)

Nevertheless, the important part is that you have your issue solved.

Cheers,

Samuel

Samuel Jesus wrote:

Hello Daryl,

First of all, I'm glad that you solved your issue, but to be honest, I'm not sure how :)

You can install versions automatically from Forge without having to download the OAP file, even in OutSystems 11.

If I had to guess, I would say you upgraded your server from OutSystems 10, and you hadn't get the new version of Silk UI Web for OutSystems 11 from Forge. By doing this, you were now depending on a "custom" version of Silk that does not exist on Forge, and that you have no permissions to upload.

By installing the latest one from Forge (and refreshing references) you are now aligned with the version available on Forge, and ready to publish to Forge again :)

Cheers,

Samuel

I had a similar issue after my Personal Environment was upgraded to Platform 11. 

Hanno wrote:

Samuel Jesus wrote:

Hello Daryl,

Cheers,

Samuel

I had a similar issue after my Personal Environment was upgraded to Platform 11. 

Hanno,

Thanks for that! Thought I was losing it for a minute there! :-) 

I had to put in a support ticket after my personal environment was upgraded because it was inaccessible. I thought that this might have been some residuals from that. Glad it wasn’t just me.