What's the problem in my app got internal error

What's the problem in my app got internal error

  

want to make and aggregate from API data, when I test it, i got an internal error, can someone check the problem in my testApp.oml?

Solution

Hey Calvin,

When you get an Internal Error, I suggest checking the logs in Service Center (under Monitoring).  With this application, you are receiving this error:


    String or binary data would be truncated.
    The statement has been terminated.


This means that some of the data that your API is returning is too long for your database table, based on the column lengths you defined.  You might want to check the data.

Another suggestion is to Debug your application, and turn on "Break On All Exceptions."  With this, I can see that the (first) problem record is this one:

Hope that helps!

Solution

Craig St. Jean wrote:

Hey Calvin,

When you get an Internal Error, I suggest checking the logs in Service Center (under Monitoring).  With this application, you are receiving this error:


    String or binary data would be truncated.
    The statement has been terminated.


This means that some of the data that your API is returning is too long for your database table, based on the column lengths you defined.  You might want to check the data.

Another suggestion is to Debug your application, and turn on "Break On All Exceptions."  With this, I can see that the (first) problem record is this one:

Hope that helps!

1-Click Publish required
'testApp' was published with a different Service Studio version.


got that error when trying to debug. Why I get this error? I only installed 1 service studio version and never updated it

Calvin Adi wrote:

Craig St. Jean wrote:

Hey Calvin,

When you get an Internal Error, I suggest checking the logs in Service Center (under Monitoring).  With this application, you are receiving this error:


    String or binary data would be truncated.
    The statement has been terminated.


This means that some of the data that your API is returning is too long for your database table, based on the column lengths you defined.  You might want to check the data.

Another suggestion is to Debug your application, and turn on "Break On All Exceptions."  With this, I can see that the (first) problem record is this one:

Hope that helps!

1-Click Publish required
'testApp' was published with a different Service Studio version.


got that error when trying to debug. Why I get this error? I only installed 1 service studio version and never updated it

Maybe you made a change to the solution (or it thinks you made a change)?  Have you tried running the 1-Click Publish prior to starting a Debugging session?


Craig St. Jean wrote:

Calvin Adi wrote:

Craig St. Jean wrote:

Hey Calvin,

When you get an Internal Error, I suggest checking the logs in Service Center (under Monitoring).  With this application, you are receiving this error:


    String or binary data would be truncated.
    The statement has been terminated.


This means that some of the data that your API is returning is too long for your database table, based on the column lengths you defined.  You might want to check the data.

Another suggestion is to Debug your application, and turn on "Break On All Exceptions."  With this, I can see that the (first) problem record is this one:

Hope that helps!

1-Click Publish required
'testApp' was published with a different Service Studio version.


got that error when trying to debug. Why I get this error? I only installed 1 service studio version and never updated it

Maybe you made a change to the solution (or it thinks you made a change)?  Have you tried running the 1-Click Publish prior to starting a Debugging session?



ok so I fixed it already, then what should I do to get the error data?


Calvin,

In your screenshot, you see that Debugger tab?  Click on it, and then to the right you will find a red button that when you hover over says "Break On All Exceptions".  Click that button to depress it, then open your application.

it's blank, run the application already

Hi Calvin,

Right click on start and add a breakpoint. And thanndevug debug step by step with F10. You should also look Into this Troubleshooting_Applications/Debugging_Applications

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Calvin,

Right click on start and add a breakpoint. And thanndevug debug step by step with F10. You should also look Into this Troubleshooting_Applications/Debugging_Applications

Regards,

Marcelo


followed the steps until number 5, in the number 6 still nothing displayed in debug screen, and I can't do anything to my module because from the 1st screen its already error


actually nevermind I should just change the max length for the attribute, thanks for the help everyone.