New v11 Screen Templates not showing

Have uprgaded my personal environment to v11 and installed all of the new modules from the forge but for some reason when I create a new application with TopMenu_Template I am unable to select the screen templates when adding a new screen.  

Anyone else having this issue?  Have i missed something in the setup?

Hi Daniel,

I have tried to create one sample web app using TopMenu_Template. (v11)
Also I have created a new web screen and it popped up ready made templates to choose from.

One thing to check is whether you are getting warning icons while selecting theme templates or not.
Please check below image.

If you are getting these warning icons that means your templates will not be rendered perfectly and you will not see results as expected.

Refer to this URL for more details about compatibility or screen templates and modules.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Hi Palak,  the challenge i am getting is that I am only able to select "Empty" from the list of templates not even getting the templates to show the warning.  Thats what makes me think i may not have set something up correctly.

Hi Daniel,

Did you check dependencies of OutSystemsUIWeb 
Because all these templates are rendered from that I believe. 

Palak Patel wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Did you check dependencies of OutSystemsUIWeb 
Because all these templates are rendered from that I believe. 

I have all of the OutSystemsUIWeb (and Template_TopMenu) items referenced to make sure i pick everything up.

Hi Daniel,

Were you able to find the answer to your query? I encountered the same concern when trying to create with templates.

Thanks.

Charissa Mangubat wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Were you able to find the answer to your query? I encountered the same concern when trying to create with templates.

Thanks.

I think it’s something to do with proxies as it works fine for me from home but not from my office.  I have the same issue with accessing forge and mobile app generation from service studio on that network.

Daniel Asserati wrote:

Charissa Mangubat wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks.

I think it’s something to do with proxies as it works fine for me from home but not from my office.  I have the same issue with accessing forge and mobile app generation from service studio on that network.

Thank you Daniel. I'll try that when I'm at home. Thanks again for your reply.

Good day,

I have the same problem, I create a new WebScreen it takes forever to load templates, but then show only the empty screen template, this is slowing down my development. I looked at the previous posts here and the Palak refers to OutSystemsUIWeb eSpace, but I do not see this anywhere in my available dependencies (I also checked eSpaces in ServiceCenter, nothing there). We upgrade from 10 to 11 and I created this new App in 11, but OutSystemsUIWeb component not listing in Dependencies, here is screenshot of my available dependencies. Where does this come from, must we install it fro the Forge?

Hi Elize,

Whats the theme of that new app? for templates to work it needs to be a Outsystems 11 Theme. For now you have the Side Menu or Top Menu or any custom template you create based on this ones.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Yes, it is using the new TopMenu Theme. I created the App using the TopMenu theme, but the TopMenu Theme was not added as a dependency, I had to manually add it and then add it here to my app's Theme as the Base Theme, but it still does not work, no Templates.

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. I am new to OutSystems and my current outsystem version is 11. Can you please guide me, how to add all dependencies and how to get screen templates as only empty screen is available for me.

Hi,

Sry for the late reply. Any of you can post here a sample module with that problem so I can looking into it?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Here is the screenshot.

Zeeshan Alam wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

Here is the screenshot.

I'm also experiencing the exact same issue. Be great to know how to work around this.

In the meantime I have logged a call with outSystems since we also have other issues on our on-premise in OS11 not behaving as in the personal cloud environment, such as icons in Sevice Studio area all showing up as a flag, it does not show the actual icon you assigned while in personal environment in setvice studio it shows the icon you assigend, I also included this issue.

Hi, Did anyone get to the bottom of how to solve this issue?

In our case the "OutSystems Screen Templates" and "OutSystems Templates Mobile" were not installed. We installed this from the Forge and it solved the problem.