[Elasticsearch Web] Usage experience

[Elasticsearch Web] Usage experience

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2017-10-19 by Labs
2 votes
Published on 2017-10-19 by Labs

Has anyone used this component extensively?  Are the low download volumes reflective more of lack of projects people have requiring elasticsearch?

I'd been keen to chat with people who have used built apps leveraging elastic search.

Any chance labs you could do a build in OS11 and publish to the forge?

Hi Paul

I (we) have used this component to bootstrap the integration of Elastic Search capabilities to a web shop application build with Outsystems. We (the customer and users) are very pleased with the added search options and impressive performance. I am going to do a small talk/presentation at the coming ODC about using Elastic Search with Outsystems to overcome some performance issues we had using regular SQL advanced queries/aggregates..

We are using OS 10, but with 11 using elastic should not really be different. 

Hello Paul,

Building upon what Peter just said, we have also been using it both on the Silk UI website (OutSystems 10), and on the new OutSystems UI Website (OutSystems 11).

So far the results have been great. We did stumble upon some interesting configuration problems in the OutSystems UI website, but those had nothing to do with the actual component.

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Peter Braat wrote:

Hi Paul

I (we) have used this component to bootstrap the integration of Elastic Search capabilities to a web shop application build with Outsystems. We (the customer and users) are very pleased with the added search options and impressive performance. I am going to do a small talk/presentation at the coming ODC about using Elastic Search with Outsystems to overcome some performance issues we had using regular SQL advanced queries/aggregates..

We are using OS 10, but with 11 using elastic should not really be different. 

Peter, 

Thanks for your note. Is reassuring that others have developed in this space as I dive in.  Where will you be giving the ODC presentation?

Samuel Jesus wrote:

Hello Paul,

Building upon what Peter just said, we have also been using it both on the Silk UI website (OutSystems 10), and on the new OutSystems UI Website (OutSystems 11).

So far the results have been great. We did stumble upon some interesting configuration problems in the OutSystems UI website, but those had nothing to do with the actual component.

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Samuel - Thanks that's encouraging.

Hello Paul,

My talk is scheduled for coming November 7th in Lisbon. The available time is limited to around 20 minutes but I will so how we use it and how fast it is. If you want to discuss elastic search and/or want to see how we use it in more detail, please feel free to contact me over there.

I am not an expert in elastic, but by using it, learned a trick or two. 

Regards,

Peter Braat