How to use Plugins on mobile application

Hello guys, 

Still learning Outsystems and loving it more and more :)

My doubt now is: 

How do I use a Plugin in Outsystems, for instance in mobile apps??

I installed ShareContent and PrinterPlugin, built it in my environment, but I dont really know how to use it in my mobile application...I read something about JS calls, but I was not able to understand corretly I´m afraid...

Could you help me?

Thank you!!!

Solution

Hi Thiago,

OutSystems Mobile Plugins typically come with their own actions that wrap the Javascript (so that you don't need to get your hands dirty) in order to use their functionality... and documentation (or a link to the original Cordova plugin they are based on).

Maybe you should ask the developers of those specific plugins how to use them, as they don't really explain it on the description or details?

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Thiago,

OutSystems Mobile Plugins typically come with their own actions that wrap the Javascript (so that you don't need to get your hands dirty) in order to use their functionality... and documentation (or a link to the original Cordova plugin they are based on).

Maybe you should ask the developers of those specific plugins how to use them, as they don't really explain it on the description or details?

Thank you Jorge. I sent a message for one of the developers of the plugin, in order to see if he could help me.

The initiative of these plugins creation is very nice, but I think it is missing some details in how to use it witu Outsystems.